A Bitter Bandwagoner Habs Fan's TSM: #ALLCAPS
Pittsburgh was strong, but Washington was stronger, tying the series up 1-1.
Once again, the Habs are welllllll out of the playoffs (hooray third round pick!), so with the second round well underway, the bitter, bandwagoner Habs fan has returned (get ready for a lot of Washington/Pittsburgh, and Vegas). With the exception of San Jose, my bracket is looking pretty great. How about yours?
Washington Capitals vs Pittsburgh Penguins
Ah the good old playoff tradition pitting the titans of the Metro against each other in the second round! Also known as the series that gives me so much pain, because I never know who I want to win, Sidney Crosby, or Lars Eller.
- Still no Geno, still probably no problem.
- Neither Sid nor Ovi missed by much there.
- OVI. (Oh dear that defense though...)
- The Capitals sure came out flying today.
- Two gorgeous Washington looks short handed. Wow.
- Oh my. Larry and Devo are playing against Crosby and Guentzel.
- That puck did not trickle past the post by very much.
- Crosby looking like Crosby. Also, the Caps sure are playing Kessel hard.
- Larry on the power play with Ovi makes me so happy.
- YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS SAYING ABOUT LARRY ON THE POWER PLAY? ASSIST.
- Holtby, Eller, Vrana, GOAL.
- ......or not...they're challenging.
- Yes. Good. Moving along. 2-0 Caps.
- Playoff Larry is the best Larry.
- The first period was #ALLCAPS/
- Can the Capitals avoid the almost traditional collapse after getting the lead? Let's find out.
- Pens looking way more comfortable/confidant to start the period than the Caps do...
- I TAKE IT BACK
- CONNOLLY FROM ELLER.
- Oh geez. Dumolin.
- Great... now Guentzel looks uncomfortable. Please be ok....
- Speaking of the Penguins, they're starting to look like they might get buzzing again.
- Plz do not break Jake...
- That is why Jake should not be broken. What a save by Holtby. Wow.
- PLEASE STOP RUNNING JAKE OVER.
- The Penguins once again looking much better.
- Oh geez. That definitely should have been a penalty. Definitely, definitely.
- Wow that shot from Letang.
- Caps hold on to the lead, but no lead feels safe against Pittsburgh./
- Oh geez, TJ, please do not break Sid.
- When the Penguins get going, it is really, truly gorgeous to watch.
- Collective ice is slippery moment there for both teams.
- Well that's chaos.
- Penguins sure think it's very in. Crosby on the wrap around is always so impressive. No matter what.
- OOOh I think that's in...but who knows.
- And they call no goal. Oh man. I really, really thought that was in.
- Stevenson with a breakaway, Murray with the save!!!
- No Tanger, whyyyy.
- ...Brassard, stop. Penguins stop. Stop with the penalties.
- On the other hand, that was a very un-intimidating power play.
- Oh no Kuzy.
- Penguins net is empty!
- AHHHHHHHHHHHH. THREE ASSISTS FOR LARRY.
- Caps win 4-1!! /
Highlight of the Game
Vrana rips home his first playoff goal, on the assist from Eller!