Canadiens vs. Leafs Top Six Minutes: 14 Straight
Habs stay on top of the Atlantic after a good Saturday night battle.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- ICYMI: There’s a new bench boss and Carey Price is beginning to look hot again (I mean...he always looked hot...)
- The rest of the team, however, still needs to find the confidence factor. While we’re on that, find the confidence fellas. You guys can be awesome. We’ve all seen it!
- They’re still atop their division, but teams are quickly closing in. A measly four points separate the Leafs from the Habs. What planet am I on right now?
- If this isn’t enough to set a fire under them tonight, we’re screwed.
- Saturday night. Canadiens vs. Leafs. Let’s do this! /
- Looks like Shaw is practicing his cross-check in the hallway. The sin bin is just calling your name, hey Andrew?
- Mitch Marner and Tyler Bozak are out for the Leafs. David Desharnais is in for the Habs. Look out Leafs.
- Price is between the pipes and we’ve got a Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Gallagher line. I shall love you and call you the cutie-pie line.
- The cutie-pie line is quickly broken up as Lehkonen heads to the penalty box for interference.
- I haven’t seen the Habs with this much drive since...ummmm.
- Petry and Beaulieu with two great chances on the power-play but Anderson says try again fellas.
- An ugly bouncing puck hits Nesterov’s leg and makes its way through Price’s. Thanks to some kid named Auston Matthews, the Leafs are on the board.
- The crowd is chanting “Ca-rey”. Don’t let those Leafs fans get in your head, Carey. They’ll stoop to any low. * starts chanting Ander-son *
- Gally is starting to find his legs, zooming around the ice. Very Gallagher-like.
- A tip-in by Pacioretty almost made it a tie-game. So close. Like, an off the post goal-line save kind of close. /
- Let’s hope the guys had a pow-wow during intermission and agree that they cannot lose to the Leafs tonight.
- Petry is determined to light the lamp tonight.
- A two-on-one, an attempted wrap-around by Petry and still nothing as the Habs head to another power-play.
- Pacioretty gives the puck away, steals it back, sets up, gets open and snipes one past Anderson to tie it up with his 29th of the season!
- A turnover by Beaulieu behind the net causes the Habs to get caught in their zone. Don’t worry, Price is on it.
- Not this time Matthews. Not this time.
- I feel giddiness bubbling up inside me as I watch Price be Price. Not gonna lie...feels pretty awesome.
- Chucky gets the puck up and over a sprawling Anderson to take the lead!
- Looks like that pow-wow worked./
- The Habs were out-shot 12-5 during last period, but the energy was there and they were the ones to find the back of the net.
- Price got your back fellas, let’s kick it up a notch and take this baby home!
- Or not.
- Just 1:19 in, Matthew’s gets another one past Price to make it 2-2. Seriously dude, go take a nap or something.
- Looking pretty good on the power-play. Markov with a slapshot but his stick snaps in half. Pacioretty with another close call but no go.
- They’re piling the pressure on. Throwing everything at Anderson but puck luck is not on their side.
- Last minute of play and everyone is scrambling to finish this game. Problem is, everyone’s on their game. /
- Heading into overtime just remember:/
- Price is back.
- Chucky scored.
- Gallagher is showing signs of Gallyness.
- Now, let’s finish this!
- Matthews with a breakaway but Price stares him down. In your face Matthews!
- Shaw with the winner! Turns out he wasn’t practicing his cross-check after all...he was warming up for the game-winning goal!/
EOTP First Star
The good luck charm
Habs Highlight of the Night
Tomas Plekanec feeds Andrew Shaw who gets the OT winner, Habs have won 14 straight against Toronto now. pic.twitter.com/2DYeJSW20L— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) February 26, 2017