Thursday Habs Headlines: Do the Habs finally have a #1 centre in Jonathan Drouin?
Here are your daily links, including an analysis of Drouin’s numbers so far, no concern from Carey Price, Mete’s usage, and more.
Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Even though it hurt to lose Mikhail Sergachev, the Habs may have found their number-one centre in Jonathan Drouin. [Montreal Gazette]
- Carey Price’s struggles this season have been compared to Henrik Lundqvist’s rough start last year, and Elliotte Friedman noted that a similar solution might benefit the Canadiens. [31 Thoughts]
- Price isn’t concerned about his own stats, and it helps that he’s finally getting the goal support. [Sportsnet]
- For Brandon Davidson, the cause behind “Movember” is personal. [Canadiens]/
Donate to my hairy #Movember efforts and fight for men’s health: https://t.co/3SqK5X98sM @MovemberCA @CanadiensMTL @CHCFoundation— Brandon Davidson (@bdavy3) November 2, 2017
- You already know Victor Mete has been an effective player for the Habs, now take a look at this breakdown of his usage so far./
How are the Montréal Canadiens deploying Victor Mete, their youngest defenseman? I dissected the numbers! pic.twitter.com/FBUSnNTzpW— Salim Nadim Valji (@salimvalji) November 1, 2017
Around the league and elsewhere
- Canada’s 2018 Olympic jerseys were officially unveiled this week. [TSN]
- A young fan is contributing to Paul Martin’s anti-bullying foundation in a big way. [Fear the Fin]
- Steven Stamkos admitted he doesn’t expect to ever feel back at 100% after multiple injuries, but that doesn’t stop him from scoring. [Sportsnet]
- After recently being diagnosed with cancer, Brian Boyle made his season debut with the New Jersey Devils in Vancouver on Wednesday night. [New York Post]/