Eyes on the Prize is looking for new writers
Want to join the EOTP team? We’re looking for passionate fans
With the 2016-17 season around the corner it’s time to find some new blood for the blog. We have a lot of subject matter that needs coverage. They're all volunteer positions. Our most recent alumnus that was hired by a hockey team was none other than Arik Parnass, who found employment with the Colorado Avalanche. He joins Bruce Peter, who works with the Leafs, Chris Boyle who works with MSG, and Andrew Berkshire who writes for Sportsnet as EOTP graduates that have gone on to find success in the industry. We earned over 13M views last year, which goes a long way in getting you noticed in the hockey world.
We’re looking for passionate fans with some free time that either want to get their foot in the door in terms of writing opportunities, or simply need an outlet to express their thoughts.
Here are the positions we're looking to cover:
- St. John's IceCaps correspondent. Keep us up to date with frequent updates, detailing the on-goings of Montreal's AHL affiliate. Ideally this person would be located in St. John's, where we could arrange press passes to attend the games.
- Brampton Beast correspondent. Keep us up to date with what's going on with Montreal's ECHL affiliate. Again, ideally this person would be located in Brampton, and we would arrange credentials to attend the games.
- Breaking News. Keep an eye on the hockey world and post Habs news as it breaks.
- Columnist. Whether it be on the subject of analytics, system strategies, or anything else that comes to mind, we're looking for people to help out with regular content next season.
- Links: Organize the daily links post, which involves finding Habs related news and aggregating all the content in one post. The duties are generally split among the different writers.
- Game Threads: Write and update the game threads throughout the season, as well as the 2nd and 3rd period threads.
- CWHL: Our CWHL team is always looking for more passionate Canadiennes fans.
- Editor: Help edit, schedule, and curate content on the website. We’re also looking for a copy editor.
- En français: Nous ajoutons une section francophone cette année, et nous cherchons quelques personnes pour rejoindre l'équipe, notamment pour écrire des textes, et faire de la rédaction
- Social Media: Update the Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram account with new content./
Do you think you're a good fit for any of the positions? Or maybe there's something you're interested in writing about that wasn't listed. Either way, we'd love to hear from you. Since these are volunteer positions, there is no demand in terms of how often you have to write, unless it’s for a position with regularly scheduled posts.
Please send an email to email@example.com with your name, Eyes on the Prize username (if applicable), the subject you'd like to cover, and an example article we can examine. We’ll contact you if there’s mutual interest.
Each application will be given equal consideration, so please don't hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you!