Canadiens vs. Sharks Top Six Minutes: Blood in the Water
Sharks dominate lethargic Habs in 4-1 win.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
The game hasn't even started yet, and I already don't wanna.
On the other hand, I kind of love the lines.
- Whatever you wanna say about Habs fans, they certainly do know how to do a great moment of silence.
- Fun story, Aaron Dell played for the Utah Grizzlies (who I cover, and have been a fan of for longer than I have been a Habs fan), and I'm so proud of him, even though I never met him. He was part of a bad-ass tandem that won ECHL goalie of the month for three straight months in 2013. So while I'd prefer the Habs to win, every time Dell gets a win, it makes me happy...
- PATCH!! No Patch :(
- Please tell me I'm not the only one who still hears that WHAT A MOVE BY DONSKOI call from the Game Center commercial every time he's mentioned...
- That might be the best shift against a Western Division team I've seen the Habs play this year.
- Do. Not. Touch. Carey.
- The Sharks do not appear to be playing very well...
- OK HOW DID THAT NOT GO IN.
- Damn it.
- All the internal screaming
- More internal screaming
- Question...how can tiny Paul Byron hit anyone in the head./
- Please. Get. The. Puck. Out. Of. Your. Own. End.
- Where are the Habs from the first ten minutes of the first period.
- I do not have very much to say about this game.
- The USA is playing Russia, and it's way more interesting.
- Like, I mean, wouldn't YOU rather be watching this?/
Kailer Yamamoto reclaims the lead for USA with a great effort pic.twitter.com/yuKK09IZzq— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) January 3, 2018
- Ouch. Puck off the head of a Shark.
- Something, something SHUT OUT.
- Pretty sure the last five minutes have just been the Habs chasing the Sharks around their own zone while Price does all the work.
- Oh look, a Dane!
- ...yeah that's about par for the course.
- I want Andrei Markov back.
- SHAWZYYYYYY ON THE FIVE-ON-THREE
- Joe. Joe why.
- Wow Habs. Wow.
- Damn it, Dell.
- At least the Habs have been trying on the last couple of shifts.
- The defence is such a tire fire...
- All the Sharks possession.
- Oh hey, that was a good couple of shifts by Montreal.
- I'm sorry this is such a boring recap. There is nothing going on.
- Andrew Shaw and Brendan Gallagher looking pretty good. Honestly, Price and those two are the only ones I've really noticed. Oh and Patch a couple of times.
- Aaand then Desi to the box.
- Just put us out of this misery.
- Habs lose 4-1./