Canadiens vs Panthers Top Six Minutes: Brendan Gallagher shines
They say the best things in life are free. In Byron’s case at least, they were right.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
The Habs could clinch a playoff berth, Markov could pass Lapointe, dunno about you, but I’m sure excited.
Quite the ovation for Tim Raines too. That’s pretty cool.
- Well that was a nice start.
- Galchenyuk, Lehkonen and Shaw get approximately 12 million chances. How did none of those go in???
- I would like to fight every person who sits behind the net and insists on wearing neon. It is one of the most annoying, distracting things ever.
- I love Carey Price.
- PAUL, LORD BYRON. What. A. Shot. Also, Beaulieu and Emelin did a good!
- Oh great. This is going to be a game of yelling about narrow misses, isn’t it.
- I do not know who 90% of these numbers are.
- DOESN’T MATTER. HAD PLEKS.
- Also, that’s the second good Emelin has done in ten minutes. That’s gotta be some kind of record.
- IT’S RAINING GOALS. Byron, Gallagher, and Beaulieu again!!!!!!
- Gally has a hat trick of assists, and the first period isn’t even over.
- Hockey players playing with supreme confidence might be one of the most beautiful things to watch ever.
- The third line has three goals, the Habs are outshooting Florida 17-9, and it’s only been 20 minutes!!!
- There’s no way the rest of this game can live up to the entertainment of the first period.
- Yeah I was right. This is nowhere near as entertaining, even though the Habs are playing well.
- I really love Carey Price. Have I mentioned?
- Oh my goodness, Patch!!
- Really, Shea???
- This was not the kind of excitement I was looking for, boys.
- .....Thomas Vanek is on this team??? I forgot that.
- Oh joy.
- See, maybe if the refs did their job, this wouldn’t happen...
- That was entirely the wrong kind of eventful./
- Please don’t let anyone die. That is all I ask for this period. Well, that and the Habs keeping the lead.
- O CAPTAIN! MY CAPTAIN.
- Damn it, Habs.
- GALLY. THAT’S FOUR FOR THE THIRD LINE. (And a four point night for Gally!!)
- And now Danault!!! We’ve gone right back to raining goals!!
- Offense sparked, Panthers vanquished, playoffs clinched!!!
- Habs win 6-2!!!/
EOTP 3 Stars
Second star: Tonight’s game plan
First star: Finding the right tool for the job