Canadiens vs. Leafs Top Six Minutes: Kotkaniemi continues to impress in losing effort
The Canadiens went into the third period tied, but special teams ultimately let them down.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
From what I have seen on the ice, the Leaf saplings have grown strong. From what I see when looking out my window however, leafs appear to be falling.
- Victor Mete is good. In case no one has mentioned that yet....
- I wonder if the rest of the world just feels like slow motion to Paul Byron.
- Tatar-Tots makes sure the Habs don’t need to Ketchup with Leafs early in the first.
- A turnover is just a turnover when Carey Price is on point.
- I hope Price has travelers insurance, because that out-of-net adventure was dangerous.
- Kotkaniemi is a lot of fun to watch.
- Tatar came pretty close to scoring a second.
- Okay, so the Leafs Power Play looks like it lives up to the hype. /
- That Matthews kid on the Leafs looks good. Definitely going to make the team.
- Kotkaniemi blesses us all with a 4-on-3 power play instead of 4-on-4.
- Tartar decides 3-on-3 would be more fun. Sure. Why not?
- Lehkonen did a lot in a short amount of time there.
- Brendan Gallagher, from Mete and Kotkaniemi!!!! I love that. Let's do that again./
Kotkaniemi to Mete to Gallagher for a beautiful #Habs goal— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) September 27, 2018
*fans self* pic.twitter.com/uDz6Y8ov8M
- Schlem-NO, don’t do that. Stop giving them power plays.
- Oh no, Jeff Petry is hopping. Hopping is never a good sign in hockey./
- We are starting the third period of a tied game on the power play. This could be FUN!
- Update: It is not fun. Leafs score short handed.
- Is it Deja vu? Is it a replay? NOPE. It’s Leafs scoring again, 20 seconds later.
- SCHLEMKO! Thank goodness. Now we can pretend the Leafs didn’t just get 2...
- Scherbak’s scoring chance there was one of the only times I have noticed him in this game.
- DO NOT TOUCH CAREY PRICE! Do not tap Carey Price. Don’t even look at him too aggressively, OKAY?
- Gallagher took down a goalie, that is probably the centre square on Habs bingo.
- Minus a period of of 20 seconds, Montreal played well./