Canadiens vs Hurricanes - Top Six Minutes - Slumpbusters™
For the second straight game, the Canadiens complete a season series sweep. This time it was Carolina who were dealt a 3rd straight loss.
- Max Pacioretty previously went 10 games without scoring a goal, and busted the slump against the Hurricanes.
- Pacioretty was mired in another slump coming into tonight with 1 goal in 12 games, and once sgain the Hurricanes proved to be slumpbusters™.
- Carey Price wasn't bad against the Bruins, but getting pulled in that game seemed to have refocused his game. He's nearly unbeatable right now.
- Jeff Halpern also busted a scoring slump that had lasted the entire season, and with it came Nathan Beaulieu's first NHL point.
- Halpern was named first star of the game, which is awesome when you consider that the fans voted for it.
- Andrei Markov was named the second star of the game, which was not as intelligent. Despite his PP goal, his -10 Fenwick and -13 Corsi isn't very flattering.
- David Desharnais had 6 shots, Brendan Gallagher had 4, Pacioretty had 5. That line shoots a lot. Desharnais deserved a goal tonight, but it makes sense he would get some back puck luck now after he scored at will earlier in the year.
- P.K. Subban is tied with Kris Letang for the lead in points among defensemen. Norris.
EOTP Three Stars:
- Nolan KB with this: "The Blackhawks paid a 4th round pick for Handzus. We got Halpern for free.Think about that for a second."
- Courtnall on which defensemen have been better than Francis Bouillon: "The post has been better than Cube."
- TrevaDaddy in response to my fake Prust trade, and his first though this morning: "My first thought was fuck Berkshire I can tell you that."