Canadiens vs. Devils Top Six Minutes: Running with the Devil
The Canadiens played tough against a team heading to the playoffs but couldn’t hang on.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Easter. Devils. There’s a joke there somewhere.
- Chris Chelios still looks like he could play defence for the Montreal Canadiens.
- Carey Price has played as many games as any Canadiens goaltender in history. Hard to believe.
- Rusty Staub tribute. I am so here for this. #ExposForever/
- The Canadiens winning percentage is the lowest it has been since 2000-2001. Craig Darby was seventh that year in team scoring. Seventh this year? Charles Hudon. Things could be worse.
- Mike Reilly fell in front of the net. Probably because he’s the first Hab to defend that part of the ice in a while.
- The Devils rookies of Hischier, Butcher and Bratt could be a law firm.
- There’s bound to be a lot of changes this summer, but I would be shocked if Gallagher-Drouin-Byron isn’t a line to start camp next year.
- It may be a new era in New Jersey, but let’s just say I’m happy I bought coffee with 1.75x more caffeine.
- That was a fun play from Scherbak, Rychel, and McCarron.
- Daniel Carr has a heck of a release. 1-0 Montreal. Nice play all around rebounding from the turnover.
- Or not. Offside challenge.
- Or yes. Canadiens back to the power play./
- Sign me up for Drouin and Galchenyuk on the power play for the next five years.
- There’s nothing better than to see Carey Price’s movement - or lack thereof - when he’s on his game.
- I don’t do any TSM’s all year, and then I do a Devils game. Of course.
- Noah Juulsen is one of the bright spots of the second half of this season. And there are a bunch, even if the team success is not there.
- People are going to say the Habs penalty kill looks better. Yeah, Carey Price does that. Not that Antti Niemi was bad but... Price is Price for a reason. Oh, and the Devils aren’t the Penguins. That helps.
- Second intermission. Bring on the Caroline Ouellette-Julie Chu profile.
- Is this how people who sit through the Super Bowl to watch the commercials feel? I feel like it is./
- Can we talk about how there’s a chance that Liv Price and Liv Chu-Ouellette can play together for Canada at some point? I don’t want to put crazy pressure on toddlers and babies or anything and they can do whatever they want to do and that may or may not include hockey. I’m just saying.
- That’s so Habs to ruin all the fun feelings from the intermission. 1-1. Quickly.
- And a penalty kill.
- That’s the Carey Price Canadiens fans love. Breakaway stop and made it look easy.
- McCarron has had a couple of scoring chances tonight. I know that’s not saying much, but, hey it’s better than no scoring chances.
- Alex Galchenyuk is playing with so much confidence.
- I wonder if the crowd made it hard for Petry and Galchenyuk to hear the penalty ending, leading to a breakaway. Taylor Hall is not the guy to forget about, either. 2-1 Devils.
- One last penalty and that should do it...
- All things considered, it was a good night. Price was great. Good effort from the team against a playoff opponent. No points picked up in the standings... That’s pretty much all you could ask for.
- Three games left./
Highlight of the night
Liv Price seems to be enjoying herself at the Bell Centre tonight! pic.twitter.com/7okvhiJyvb— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) April 2, 2018