Wild World Championship TSM: Hometown Heroes
In a closely contested match, Denmark wins 3-2 in the shoot out.
Look. We're not doing much by way of WC coverage. BUT DENMARK IS PLAYING IN DENMARK. There's NO WAY I'm not writing about this. So we've got the Wild World Championship Top Six Minutes. It's mostly gonna be yelling about Denmark. And maybe Canada sometimes.
Team Denmark vs Team Germany
Royalty in the houuuuseeeee.
- FREDERIK ANDERSEN GETS THE START IN HIS HOMETOWN.
- Ok...when was the last time Denmark had arguably the best goalie in the tournament? (I'm going to go with never?) AND he's playing IN HIS HOMETOWN. AHHHH. Yes, this TSM is mostly going to be yelling about Denmark. Sorry, not sorry.
- Oh that's going to go over well...That might be a suspension, that hit up high.
- Rocket player Markus Eisenschmid makes an appearance!
- Ah damn it. I forgot about Leon Draisaitl. I LIKE Leon. Damn it. Sorry, Drai. I'm gonna have to root very hard against you right now.
- You get a Nick Jensen, you get a Nick Jensen, EVERYBODY GETS A NICK JENSEN!!
- Speaking of Jensens, Nicklas Jensen to the box. BoOOO.
- Denmark ALWAYS needs their goalie to be their best player. Good thing he's pretty great.
- Denmark's team is already pretty good this year. Imagine how great it'd be if they could add Lars Eller, Mikkel Boedker, and Nikolaj Ehlers to a roster that already has Andersen, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Frans Nielsen and some pretty great KHL guys like Oliver Lauridsen, Peter Regin, and company.
- So many broken sticks this period.
- sob that was so close./
- This highlight reel from the first period is almost exclusively Freddie saves.
- Really great move there by Morten Madsen to get that puck out of the zone after that icing, and then to draw a penalty.
- OLIVER. UHHHGGG.
- YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! DENMARK.
- Denmark with all the pressure in the second. Gotta love it.
- Oh for f*cks sake. Damn it Leon.
- Really, Denmark, REALLY?
- Go sit in the box and feel shame, Drai.
- STORM FROM HART.
- Everyone is falling over.
- Some pushing and shoving at the end of the frame.
- Denmark took the shot lead in the second!/
- Power play number three for Denmark!
- That was not a very effective power play.
- First period was all Freddie, second period was lots of scoring. Third period is...dear god, please don't turtle...
- It is clear that whatever happens this tournament, Hardt and Storm are quite the dynamic duo.
- Storm of the Redhawks can really fly! :D
- Aw damn it Lassen.
- That was a very good penalty kill.
- Uh oh...Mads Christensen just went very gingerly down the tunnel...
- Did you know that Oliver Lauridsen is very tall? Because It sounds like he's tall. Very tall. So tall. (In other words, maybe don't make that a drinking game.)
- Goddamn it Germany.
- FREDDIE!! FREDDIE!! FREDDIE!!
- Dear Denmark, please go play in the offensive zone for a while. Signed me and Freddie Andersen.
- Well. That's more like it.
- ARG. NICKLAS.
- DO NOT LET DRAI IN ON THE BREAKAWAY. GAH.
- POWER PLAY DENMARK WITH FIFTEEN SECONDS TO GO.
- Come on boys...come on, come on, come on.../
- 1:45 of PP time for Denmark...
- Please don't go to the shootout...
- Please don't lose...
- ARG THAT DID NOT MISS BY MUCH.
- Please play in not your zone, Denmark./
- I HATE THE SHOOT OUT.
- The only good thing about this is that theoretically Denmark has the advantage in goal...On the other hand, Germany has Drai. Damn it.
- FRANSSSSSSS FIVEHOLE.
- Oh lord. Here comes Leon.
- Come on Freddie. One more save. Just one.
- This was actually the least scary shoot out I've seen in a while.
- Jesper Jensen Aabo gets player of the game.
- DENMARK WINS 3-2 IN THE SHOOT OUT./
Highlight of the Game
Jesper Jensen snipes on Timo Pielmeier to open the scoring.
.@DKIshockey gets on the board! What a beautiful play #GERvsDEN #IIHFWorlds pic.twitter.com/kBK4A3WJ51— IIHF (@IIHFHockey) May 4, 2018