Top Six Minutes - Disappointment Edition as Montreal loses to Toronto
After waiting over 2/3 of a year for a game, the Habs decided to wait an extra couple periods before they showed up.
Laura is at a bachelorette party so the Top Six Minutes won't be funny.
Overall I'm pretty annoyed with both how this game went and the whole Subban situation, so forgive the ranty nature of the bullet points I'm about to present.
- Carey Fucking Price. That is all. This game should have been 6-0 after 40 minutes, the only reason the Canadiens had a chance was Carey Price.
- Michel Therrien didn't have a lot of time, but neither did Carlyle. The Habs were unprepared and had zero discipline.
- David Desharnais and Erik Cole looked out of shape. Desharnais is surprising considering he's been playing, but he was hanging off of Leafs all game.
- I was worried when the Habs signed Francis Bouillon with Therrien as coach that he would overplay a guy he loves and has a personal relationship with. Bouillon on the PP and with over 22 minutes of ice time justifies that fear pretty well. Bouillon is a 7th defenseman at best, stop this.
- It's only one game, but Rene Bourque was more engaged than I've ever seen him. Driving the net and playing to his strengths. That kind of Bourque is a useful NHL player.
- Plekanec is amazing.
- Ben Scrivens was given the 1st star of the game by CBC. Not surprising, but he wasn't any good. Rebounds galore, the credit goes to Toronto's defensive coverage.
- I take that back, the Habs were just crappy.
- It was great to see Brian Gionta score in his first game back. He looked like he was in better shape than a lot of others.
- Galchenyuk had 2 shots in 13:02, which is solid. He was put down on the 3rd line pretty quickly though, so Sarnia may be in his future after all.
- Dear Marc Bergevin, fucking sign P.K. Subban. Your bargaining position is shit, his is excellent, give him the term he's seeking and let us ice the best team we can.