Canadiens vs. Maple Leafs Top Six Minutes: Despite Jonathan Drouin’s best efforts, Habs remain winless
The Canadiens fall to 0-6 in pre-season play.
The Montreal Canadiens took on the Toronto Maple Leafs for the second time this week. The Habs were hoping for a better performance than what they were able to show on Monday at Ricoh Coliseum.
- Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Marlies, that’s fun.
- An optimist would mention how consistent the Canadiens power play is. A realist would mention how it is consistently disappointing.
- It’s Carey Price’s 500th game, I hope someone told the other Canadiens…
- DROUIN IS DOIN’ PRETTY GOOD.
- I think McCarron would have to be significantly better at fighting if he thought doing that would impress Claude. Also maybe time travel to 1997.
- Drouin is going to drag this team to a pre-season win.
- Andrew Shaw just reminding us this is not just Drouin’s first game back. On the power play too!/
- The new rule was Goals scored when its five on three are worth half points, right?
- IS..DID…WAS…GALLAGHER LIMPING???
- He’s back, it’s fine, we’re fine.
- It’s pre-season for the goal light too. It just got a bit over excited.
- The announcers are irritated that goalies are pampered. I for one think that if they are willing to stand in front of a Weber shot they have the right to have breaks for skate blades or Kit-Kats.
- Penalty for being un-Fehr to Mete.
- Carey Price is still a brick wall…..just with a doggy door.
- A golden retriever sized doggy door.
- Pacioretty is not the guy we want in the box to start the third…./
- ….well we are off to a rough start.
- If I write down that Alex Galchenyuk does something spectacular, do we think he will do something to make the statement true?
- The Pacioretty, Drouin, Gallagher line will be exciting this year.
- OKAY, Galchenyuk hit the crossbar. We get a power play. He did a thing. Kind of.
- I’m loving what the Canadiens are doing. Confusing the opposition with a rough pre-season so they can shock everyone with a great regular season. Very smart. Very intentional and not at all stress inducing.
- Nervous whispers of, “it’s just the pre-season”, can be heard throughout the city./
Highlight of the night
Jonathan Drouin is pretty good. What a first goal. #Habs pic.twitter.com/QCXD54FuHi— Jared Book (@jaredbook) September 27, 2017