Skip to content
Credit: Arianne Bergeron / Arena du Rocket Inc.
Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- If you missed the news last night, the Canadiens announced another round of cuts, including returning David Reinbacher to EHC Kloten. [EOTP]
- Going into last night’s game, Emil Heineman knew he hadn’t seized the opportunity in front of him. [TVA Sports]
- There was one real battle to watch at training camp, but no one has really stood out in the competition for a spot on the right side of the defence. [Radio-Canada]
- Jeff Gorton wants the Canadiens to be playing meaningful games in March. [La Presse]
Around the league and elsewhere
- Chris Snow has passed away following his battle with ALS.
- Alex Killorn will miss four to six week with a broken finger. [Daily Faceoff]
- The Minnesota Wild signed forwards Mats Zuccarello and Marcus Foligno to contract extensions. [NHL.com]
- Injured late in Friday’s game versus the Canadiens, pre-season standout Conor Timmins is expected to be out long-term for the Toronto Maple Leafs. [NHL.com]
- Is Devon Levi ready to be thrust into the spotlight as the Buffalo Sabres’ number one? [Sportsnet]
- If you like goalie masks and Johnny Cash, this process video is for you: