Canadiens vs Rangers - Top Six Minutes - A good road game at home
For the third straight time against the Rangers, the Canadiens score 3 goals, get outshot, and win.
- Pulling Carey Price against Boston may have been the best decision Michel Therrien has made this year. Not only was Budaj brilliant in relief, but after a couple days off, Price was magnificent tonight in shutting out the Rangers.
- It's been nearly 4 games since the Rangers have scored on Bell Center ice. 3 straight shutouts by Carey Price.
- In the teams' season series sweep against the Rangers, Price has a .987 save percentage.
- Brendan Gallagher is the best. Calder.
- The return of Brandon Prust was good, he had a solid game and the 3rd line looked to move the puck better with him there instead of Colby Armstrong.
- That said, with the "MVP" back in the fold, can we stop being lunkheads for a moment and talk about who's actually the MVP of the Habs this year? That would be P.K. Subban. I honestly don't think there's a cogent argument to be made against it.
- Subban is the best. Norris.
- Did Rick Nash jump 8 inches when he charged Price? Let's break out our trigonometry kits. PHYSICS.
- Michael Ryder just scores. That's what he does. 14 points in 14 games as a Hab.
- Tomas Plekanec has been right there too, as he refused to give up the goal scoring lead on the team.
- Gallagher, Plekanec, Ryder, Subban, Max Pacioretty and Brian Gionta are all on better than 24 goal per 82 games paces. Pacioretty would be ahead of them all if he could get some puck luck.
- Nathan Beaulieu seems to have the confidence of Michel Therrien, as he played 17:17, had a really nice scoring opportunity, and better possession numbers than his partner Francis Bouillon. Beaulieu also had 8 defensive zone starts to 6 offensive ones. Not exactly easy minutes for your first NHL game. I'm impressed.
- Jeff Halpern continues to be an awesome pickup, and had the 4th best Fenwick on the team in spite of the tough role he plays.
EOTP Three Stars
- It didn't get the most recs, but I'm using executive power to make JD_'s bilingual chirp at Torts after the first period the first star: "Tortsy...headed for the Sortsie."
- Scott Matla found exclusive footage of Beaulieu's hit on Nash:
- JonPublic with a rating for Subban's hit on Lucic from the other night, which was replayed on CBC: