Canadiens vs. Panthers Top Six Minutes: Cats get the cream, dominate the Habs
Two years ago, the Habs made a comeback for the ages. Tonight, they went down 4-1 with less than ten minutes left again, and... well, really, the less said the better.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
It's gonna be bad isn't it...granted, every time I say that, they scrape by with a win...but...pardon my lack of optimism.
- Apparently it's already been five minutes. Nothing has happened. Jagr's good, some of the kids are alright...
- Mike Brown might have stopped Jaromir Jagr from scoring. No, that's not a mistake.
- Apparently the Florida announcers are complaining about the injuries the Panthers have had. That's cute.
- Mark Barberio continues to prove he's NHL calibre.
- Some offensive zone time would be nice...
- And there goes Lessio as I speak.
- I miss Brendan Gallagher and P.K. Subban, and Carey Price, and Lars Eller, and Nathan Beaulieu, and Jeff Petry, and Brian Flynn, and...
- HOW DID DANAULT NOT SCORE. uhg.
- ...anyway, you get the point.
- I was about to be so pleased that the defencemen were covering all the right people...but then nope. 1-0 Cats.
- Can we steal Gallant back? No? Rats.
- ...I forgot Darren Dietz was playing tonight. I forgot a lot of these guys were on the team.
- Dear Habs, I love you dearly...but I'm really tired...and this game is really boring and/or bad... please do something...Love, Me.
- That's not what I meant...
- Wow. Even that fight was boring.
- We got Byron for free. Just a casual reminder.
- Lessio deserves a goal, or three.
- Jagr was drafted about half a year before I was born. Just saying.
- Remember when the Habs were really good, about four months ago? I do. Good times.
- And some of the best action comes in the dying seconds of the first.
- Looks at advanced stats, cries. Listens to SportsNet, cries. Looks at bed, cries. Is it over yet? No? cries
- I would like to see Ben Bishop with smaller gear. Just saying. I'm not bitter or anything.
- Galchenyuk knocking out Trocheck's front teeth with an accidental stick to the face is the most action packed moment of the game so far. Ouch.
- Bjugstad scores. So much for the Habs' penalty kill at home. Remember when Gallagher scored goals like that? I really miss Gallagher...
- Lessio definitely having a good game. He still deserves some goals.
- I'm so tired.
- This game is boring.
- The Habs are bad.
- How many more games are there?
- Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
- At least we have Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Andrighetto...
- The...second??? line??? has the best shift of the game, sustaining some of the only offensive zone pressure all period. Possibly all game.
- Trocheck is a fight away from a Gordie Howe hat trick.
- JDLR, Danault, and Brown just had themselves a shift. Might have had the best scoring chances all night.
- That's the second scuffle Trocheck has been in in the last five minutes.
- NEVER FEAR. CHUCKY'S HERE.
- STOP TALKING ABOUT THE PLAYERS THAT HAVE PLAYED ALL THE GAMES. EVERY TIME YOU DO THAT, SOMEONE ELSE GETS HURT.
- Well then, Big Mac just took down Wilson after the latter steamrollered Emelin.
- Andrighetto almost scored.
- Plekanec almost scored.
- Brown almost scored.
- Byron almost scored.
- Too bad Rene Bourque's not still here. He'd be in good company. Either that, or he'd have a hatty.
- At least the Habs try?
- Roberto Luongo looks as bored as I am.
- *looks at clock* It's not too late to come back...right?
- In other news, the Washington Capitals have clinched a playoff spot. Exactly nobody is surprised.
- Welcome to the NHL, Dietz. Off to the box with you.
- Aaand Barkov now. 4-1. Cue the comeback, or nah?
- Well that sucked.
- Except Galchenyuk. He was awesome. Stopped that one game scoreless streak dead in its tracks. He should be able to hang on to his spot for another few games.
EOTP 3 Stars