Canadiens vs. Leafs Top Six Minutes: Goalies can’t score goals too
It was Charlie Lindgren vs. Everyone tonight in Toronto.
- I’m full of corned beef, cabbage and Irish whiskey, let’s get this show on the road folks.
- It’s still weird that Plekanec is a Leaf, like super weird, like seeing someone you went to high school with but they’ve shaved their beard and are somewhere successful now.
- How many times am I going to eye roll at the bad narratives in this game and how long until Michael McCarron inevitably fights someone?/
- Slow start, few chances, and oh ho hum, our goalie has to stone someone on a breakaway again.
- Apparently Jake Gardiner didn’t like Jacob de la Rose’s turtleneck, at last based on that crosscheck.
- It’s rather terrifying playing a team that has multiple lines that can seemingly score at will, it’s good to see the Habs keeping pace with that so far.
- Oh look Charlie Lindgren has to be amazing again,and I have no idea how Tyler Bozak didn’t score there.
- But Nylander scores on the power play because of course.
- Given the difference in quality between these two teams I think being down just a goal so far is a small victory in and of itself.
- Preemptive “Shut up Don Cherry”/
- Can we stop with the breakaways guys?
- I’d have said something more witty here but I was too busy being slackjawed the broadcast saying John Tavares is too old for Montreal, but Valtteri Filppula is an option.
- (Tavares is six years younger than Filppula)
- Can someone please help out Lindgren, poor kid has made a half dozen highlight level saves in the opening 25 minutes.
- Or don’t, taking a penalty is totally going to help!
- Jonathan Drouin killing penalties is not a thing I ever expected to see.
- (Another two massive Lindgren saves)
- Toronto is making some questionable choices with the puck, would be nice to capitalize on those mistakes Habs.
- Or not that’s cool too.
- Holy crap the NHL might have gotten a goaltender interference call right!
- Sigh, was wondering when I might notice McCarron, shame it’s for something not good.
- And the puck is in the net, this is like a far worse version of Groundhog Day./
- I haven’t even paid attention, but I see we took a mindless penalty.
- You know, because Charlie Lindgren hasn’t had enough work already.
- Hey there Paul Byron, way to try and make something happen!
- So that’s what the offensive zone looks like.
- Much like the Habs tonight, I haven’t got much folks, just hoping the team leaves without doing something stupid, or someone else getting injured.
- Good, ole this team out of the building, what an awful showing on Saturday night./
Highlight of the night
Lindgren robs Bozak. pic.twitter.com/PdektemFYQ— NHL GIFs (@NHLGIFs) March 17, 2018
EOTP 3 Stars