Canadiens vs. Hurricanes Top Six Minutes: Somnolence
Twenty minutes of hustle not enough to make up for 40 minutes of mind-numbing boredom.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
WE GET JOHNSON.
- Oh hey. Byron is playing.
- Joe. Joe, why? I have a bad feeling about this.
- At least they killed it off. I cannot emphasise enough how much I enjoy having Mike Johnson as the colour commentator.
- Uhg. Don't remind me of the last Carolina disaster.
- Do. Not. Touch. Jeff.
- I do not know when this happened, but I have become the person who yells "No!" at the TV when the other team looks like they're about to score...
- ...I did not need to see the replay of Byron going shoulder first into the boards on Monday...
- Joe Morrow just missed redeaming his silly penalty. Also, Drouin is good at hockey
- “Julien wants a penalty." You and me both, dude.
- Apparently shots are 5-0 for Carolina with 6:20 to go. This is fine. Everything is fine.
- *chants quietly* Carey, Carey!
- Almost Gally goal!! (And by that, I mean, Gally nearly ended up in the net.)
- Please stop crushing Jeff.
- That was a very, very nifty play by Drouin.
- Well, that was certainly a very entertaining end to a very slow beginning./
- Those were some very dashing pocket squares from our announcers.
- Price made that save look so incredibly easy.
- Of course that's how they score. Of course.
- Wow. The Canes have been whiffing on a lot of pucks tonight.
- Remember when our biggest issue was Alexei Emelin? Good times.
- (I mean, Emelin and a billion other things too, but shh)
- The amount of headdesk-ing I'm doing re: Benn and that penalty is going to give me a headache. STOP PUTTING PLAYERS INTO YOUR GOALIE. STOP DOING IT. DON'T. STOP. CEASE AND DESIST.
- Dear Gally, I appreciate your effort, but you can't score like that.
- On the other hand, please don't punch Gally./
- Well. Geez. That's a great start to the third.
- Thank you Carey.
- So bored.
- Thank you Carey.
- Have I mentioned how boring this has gotten?
- Carey is 100% the most interesting part of this period.
- Make that the only interesting player in this period.
- Crowd doesn't like the no call...buuuut I think that might actually be one of those instances where calling a diving call and a tripping call would actually be the logical and right thing to do.
- So the pattern of the other two periods has returned. It's almost exactly half way through the frame, and the Habs are no longer playing in a soporific manner.
- I may have spoken too soon.
- When Deslauriers has one of the best chances of the night, it is not a good sign. I mean, obviously it is for him, but not so much for the rest of the team.
- It's just one goal. They're just down one goal. Yet this game feels impossibly far out of reach.
- Wow. Alzner with a nice play there. That was not what I would have expected.
- Yeah, that's about the size of it. (Where was literally anyone not named Carey Price on that play?)
- Dear lord, just put us out of our misery already..
- That's not what I meant.
- “If they can maintain control of the puck.” Yes, when have they done that at any time during this period.
- Carey Price did not deserve this.
- Habs lose 2-0./
Highlight of the night