Canadiens vs. Flyers Top Six Minutes: Frustration in Philly
The wheels came off in the middle of the third, but the Habs made a game of it, battling hard to close the gap.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Well. I must say, I like the way the Habs have started this game.
- Hudon is so much fun to watch when he's going.
- Oh Plek. No.
- Do. Not. Touch. Mango.
- YOU GUYS. THE SECOND WAVE WAS MANGO, LEHK, HUDON, METE, AND LEHKONEN.
- The Habs were doing so well, and now they're just scaring me.
- THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT i'M TALKING ABOUT. Thank you Carey.
- I cannot properly describe just how much I love that Scherbak aend Galchenyuk are on the same line./
- Oh god why.
- Plek, why this. Come on. You're better than this.
- Carey! Carey! Carey!
- Ooh nice little short-handed look for Lehks.
- ...Froese, why.
- OH WOW THAT WAS GLORIOUS. Lehk with an absolutely gorgeous takeaway from Giroux and he ROOFS it.
- Well that didn't last long...Oh Habs...
- ...watching Chucky and Scherby wheel around in the offensive zone almost completely in tandem, and looking EXACTLY THE SAME is eerie as hell. SUPER cool, but definitely disconcerting. I hope we get to watch them forever. (Look, let me hope, ok???)
- That was a nice shift from the Plek, Lehk, Gally line.
- Make that nice shifts from everyone. Russians (Belorussian and otherwise) and Drouin looking good there too.
- Holy fourth line Batman!!
- That was a really strong last five minutes or so from the entire team.
- Plek... AGAIN? /
- *internal screaming*
- Lehk is on fire. No goal, but oh man he and Jordie were so close there.
- They were doing so well, and now this.
- Seriously though, get Lehk another goal. He's buzzing.
- OOh Habs buzzing four-on-four. What a shot by Patch.
- Oh man. Chucky and Hudon with such a nice look on the four-on-four
- I did not know Schlemko had such a good shot. Did you guys know?
- Probably too late for a comeback, but wow the Habs certainly are trying.
- Get Lehk a goal! Get Lehk a goal!
- Precious Mango child draws another penalty!
- HABS PULL PRICE FOR THE SIXTH ATTACKER AND IT WORKED
- GAAAAAAALLLYYYYY GOAAAAALLLL
- And the net is empty again.
- Boy the Habs are buzzing.
- Montreal definitely isn't a worse team than the Flyers. This was such a close game.
- Boy that empty-netter is demoralizing.
- Bah. Except for a two minute stretch, the Habs played quite well. How frustrating.
- Habs lose 5-3./
Highlight of the Game
Steal, snipe, celly. The Artist at work.
Artturi Lehkonen strips Jakub Voracek of the puck and snipes a shorthanded goal. pic.twitter.com/UJjVlk25yB— The Artist Formerly Known as Scoot Mattle (@scottmatla) February 9, 2018
EOTP 3 Stars
3. Maybe that was the Flyers’ problem on the second goal...
2. He really doesn’t want to go to Philadelphia
1. Looking out for the important things