Canadiens vs. Blues Top Six Minutes: Tomas Plekanec awakens
The Habs jumped to an early lead, but couldn’t hold on the beat the Blues.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Galchenyuk is not in the lineup? Hmm, this will either go horribly wrong or horribly right.
- But there is no need to panic.
- No Price in net as well? It might be time to slightly panic.
- The anthems were...interesting. Listen, I’m trying to give ‘em the benefit of the doubt.
- Between ricocheting vulcanized rubber, easily breakable composite sticks and literal blades on skaters’ feet, goaltending is hella dangerous. And as Al Montoya found out, its time to add the possibility of getting kicked in the head to that list as well.
- Leave it to Andrei Markov to catch his stick out of mid-air and resume playing like it was just a minor inconvenience.
- Plekanec scores! No wait, it was Byron! Or it might have been Plekanec. Nope, it’s definitely Paul Byron’s skate’s goal. Ah, the wonders of slo-mo video replay./
- It is time for both teams’ penalty killers to shine, as the march to the penalty box continues. Both teams might as well get comfortable playing a man down at this point.
- Considering all the damage poor Montoya has been taking over the course of this period, I’m kind of glad that it’s not Price in net (sorry Montoya, it isn’t personal).
- Is there a worse sound in hockey than hearing a puck ring off the post?
- Apparently there is. It’s the sound of another puck ringing off the post.
- Now that goal is a certified turtle-plex goal! No Byron necessary. 2-0 Good Guys!
- Obligatory ‘Greg Pattern’s beard is glorious’ reminder. /
- The Blues have a note as their logo, despite having never done anything noteworthy (terrible pun, I know I know).
- Another centre suffers a mysterious injury and is out for the night. This time it is David Desharnais’s turn.
- So uh, is it time to consider the possibility that our number one centre slot has been cursed?
- The Blues score one goal...pssh, Habs still got this. The Blues score another goal...hmm, maybe the Habs don’t got this.
- I made fun of the Blues, so of course this game would go to overtime./
- Pity point! Pity point! Pity point!
- I’ve never seen a goalie inspire less confidence than Jake Allen in extra time.
- You know Byron is fast when he gets caught offside during 3-on-3 play.
- Really Blues? You really had to do that?
- Okay guys, its officially time to panic./
EOTP Three Stars
1. All I want for Christmas is you is this.
3. The game in a nutshell.
Habs Highlight of the Night
Paul Byron and Tomas Plekanec combine for a gorgeous goal: