Canadiens @ Sabres Top Six Minutes: Habs get a point, but can’t slow Buffalo’s run
They held the lead for a few minutes, but couldn’t grab it again in overtime.
A team dressed in blue and yellow, with tons of Swedes on it, might be difficult for me to remember which team I should be rooting for. It’s game time - the Buffalo Swedes vs Montreal Canadiens coming up on the Top Six Minutes at Eyes on the Prize!
- Finnish goalkeeper against Sweden, let’s see if that’s smart from Coach Julien or if it will implode.
- Teams are trading some chances but no high-danger stuff just yet.
- The game is not as open, nor fast, as I had expected it to be.
- Casey Mittelstadt, a non-Swede on the Swedish team, makes it 1-0.
- Dahlin really should have put that one in, what a play.
- After the goal, Buffalo has been buzzing whereas Montreal just hasn’t...
- ... and cue the penalty kill coming up./
- Big shot from Petry that decks Thompson who limps off gingerly.
- A too many men call against the Canadiens.
- Holy Moly, what is the Canadiens defence doing?
- Another penalty taken by Montreal (feeling like a broken record here).
- The Buffalo power play looks very similar to the Canadiens PowerKill™️
- Gallagher looks like he will try out for Liverpool after having seen Manés new contract, goal waved off just as it should be.
- ALL THE GALLY GOALS!!!!!
- PowerKill™️ Montreal with 34 seconds to go in the second period. /
- Nope, the Montreal PowerKill™️ is the worst.
- SHOOT, but no, Tatar doesn’t.
- Can we decline a one-man advantage?
- Maybe we shouldn’t. David Schlemko with a bomb after about 0.5 seconds, that is tipped in by Andrew Shaw.
- Nemi doesn’t look stable at times, but he does keep the pucks out.
- Tied game. Crap.
- Two rebounds, two goals in the back.
- Close but no goal in the last minute for Buffalo. Overtime it is. /
- Domi messes up his play in the defensive zone, and gets called for a minor when he tries to save the day.
- Power Play Buffalo. Can you just not let a rebound go Niemi!!!
- Another rebound and some crazy stuff in front of the net, the puck is in the net.
- Petry, Danault and Benn must have been dead after close to one-and-a-half minutes of 3-on-4 in the overtime.
- Can’t wait for CSKA-SKA for some high quality hockey tomorrow. /
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Gotta keep an eye on those wily old veterans.
2) I don’t think Gallagher is fond of disallowed goals.
1) A big compliment.