For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining.
- Looking forward to see RHP on that top line, next to NiCole.
- Kirby Dach, you are missed. You too, Kaiden Guhle.
- Imagine liking cows so much, you name your city after one.
- Slaf gets an early breakaway. Gah, he could have done with a goal there.
- And so could Justin Barron! He breaks the deadlock early on a rebound off a Xhekaj pointshot.
- Gallagher takes a tripping call, and Jeff Skinner ties up the game on the man advantage.
- It’s so wonderful that the Habs do their best to improve the opposition’s crappy powerplay statistics.
- Mr. Krebs hits PezzaHut in the back, and gets called for boarding.
- A Habs powerplay: My favourite thing in the world, next to the measles and a rat-filled bowl of spaghetti.
- If only I could see improvement from game to game, or from year to year. Then maybe I could believe the tales of Alex Burrows being a powerplay whisperer.
- Right back to the penalty kill, after having too many men on the ice. Sigh…
- Xhekaj checks into the penalty box for showing Okposo to his seat.
- Apart from the conceded goal, which came from an impossible angle, Jake Allen has had a solid start to this game.
- Hey! It took 35 minutes, but the Habs have finally reached double digits in shots on Eric Comrie.
- Okposo to the box for hugging Matheson ever so tightly.
- I enjoy the East Side Mario’s moronic “Mangia, mangia” commercials more than I enjoy the Canadiens’ powerplay looks.
- The period ends with a Barron cross checking penalty.
- Buffalo has double the shots, 28-14.
- Montreal has double the goals, 2-1!
- Tanner Pearson works the puck into the crease, and Brendan Gallagher scores a vintage Gally goal, digging the puck free from the goalie’s mitts and shoving the puck and everything else into the net.
- Ah, we sure love to have you back, Gally!
- It’s Buffalo against Jake Allen now, and it has been like that for most of the night.
- The Habs’ defence is looking porous without Kaiden Guhle in the lineup.
- David Savard with two major blocks in a row, after Monahan has entered the box on a tripping call.
- He apparently loses his blade on one of the blocks, and has to be dragged off the ice.
- “His blade died, so the Canadiens’ penalty kill… could live.”
- Pezzetta stresses Owen Power to a mistake, and nearly scores the decider. He manages to draw a call during his goal scoring attempt though. Yey, powerplay!
- Imagine if someone told you two years ago that Michael Pezzetta one day would have more NHL games than he had AHL games. His story is wild.
- Matheson rings one off the iron. Gah.
- Et le but!
- Tanner Pearson, with only seconds remaining of the powerplay. Vintage Tyler Toffoli-type of a PP goal.
- Delicious foreplay by Alex Newhook and Brendan Gallagher.
- Oh no. It’s a two-goal lead.
- Oh yes. It’s a two-goal win!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) The fans are still busy enjoying those last minutes of summer sunlight.
2) Don’t they learn anything from the Canadiens?
1) “Oh, I see. Running away, eh? Come back here! I’ll bite your legs off!”