Canadiens vs Hurricanes Top Six Minutes - Wardskala Edition
Thoughts on tonight's game between the Montreal Canadiens and the Carolina Hurricanes
- So not a whole lot happened, although it kind of did. The Canadiens played extremely well for much of the first two, I thought, doing all the little things right, but the big things just weren't happening.
- And then Brandon Prust scored, and it was glorious.
- And then Tomas Plekanec scored, and it was gorgeous.
- And then Max Pacioretty scored, and it was hilarious.
- Poor Cam Ward, man. Carey Price is making saves from the bench, and he's letting in goals that might as well have been scored from the bench.
- Jordan Staal is apparently now regularly shaving and showering, which makes him and Eric look interchangeable. Except, like, on the ice and stuff.
- P.K. Subban? Beast.
- Lars Eller? Beast.
- Alex Galchenyuk? Beast.
- Max Pacioretty? Beast.
- Tomas Plekanec? Underrated, understated Beast.
- Man advantage? Beast...ly.
- Seriously, the power play is UGLAY. I didn't think they could look worse than they did vs the Flyers and then they did. They look like a scrambly mess out there, although you could see they were trying to try new things on a couple of them.
- .Alexander Semin did not scare me. Did Semin scare you?
- The Hurricanes look to be the most dangerous (lol) of the Southeast teams and they aren't doing too badly right now. I was worried, Habs starting Budaj against them, etc. I don't think they played well, but as I said above, the Habs kept doing all the little things right. And Budaj held his own.
- EOTP's Three Stars of the night:
3rd star: Cam Ward
2nd star: Cam Ward
1st star: Cam Ward