Saturday Habs Headlines: Canadiens still have a lot of cap money to spend.
Your daily links, including Marc Bergevin’s remaining cap money, Martin Reway among 23 players invited to camp, Place Bell the best arena in the AHL and more.
Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Montreal has lots of available cap space, and they would do well to spend it. [TSN 690]
- Longtime La Presse reporter Marc-Antoine Godin joined The Athletic in Montreal. [The Athletic]
- Geoff Molson is pleased with his team’s offseason. [Montreal Gazette]
- Five Habs made the list of The Hockey News’ top 200 fantasy players for next season. [THN]
- Martin Reway is making a comeback, starting this Thursday at rookie camp. [Montreal Gazette]
- The Fourth Period’s Dennis Bernstein joins Off the Cuff to talk Habs, Dodgers and more. [TSN 690]
- The Laval Rocket will not only be closer to their NHL franchise in Montreal, but benefit from the newest and best arena in the AHL. [La Presse]/
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Ryan Malone is going to Minnesota on a PTO. [Wild]/
Forward Ryan Malone will come to #mnwild training camp on a professional tryout. pic.twitter.com/BE3FgRiJjZ— Minnesota Wild (@mnwild) August 31, 2017
- As the league has been promising, they are set to pay their players as of this season. [Globe and Mail]
- Is the future of the Colorado Eagles tied to a Denver Olympic bid? [MHH]
- Jay Baruchel is bringing back the hockey movie genre. [AC]/