Canadiens @ Penguins Top Six Minutes: Flying in Pittsburgh
The Habs turned a rough start into a great road win.
- Okay the Habs made it four minutes before allowing the first goal against, so that’s...not as bad as it could have been. Optimism is hard.
- Alex Galchenyuk is definitely going to score tonight.
- I have no memory of a time where our special teams was consistently good. Or good at all.
- Matthew Peca looks pretty good out there./
- Nick Suzuki and Nick Cousins are trying to make things happen.
- Gallagher’s going to Gallagher. I would wager he is the skater with the most time spent in the crease. He may have more minutes in net than some backup Goalies.
- Carey Price with a beautiful save, the whole team is looking better this period.
- Cousins is buzzing, he has multiple scoring chances tonight.
- The Penguins goaltender Tristan Jarry has more shutouts in the last few games than the Candiens have wins.
- TOMAS TATAR! ON THE POWER-PLAY! Jarry’s shutout streak is over and the Candiens have tied this game. /
A great effort by Phillip Danault leads to Tomas Tatar snapping Tristan Jarry's shutout streak pic.twitter.com/iTZ1Q5daCB— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) December 11, 2019
- JOEL ARMIA! He steals the puck from Kris Letang and gives the Canadiens the lead. That may keep Letang awake tonight.
- Shea Weber scores one as well. I’m not making any claims about causation, but there may be a correlation between taking more shots and getting more goals. This is groundbreaking. /
Shea Weber beats Marino around the edge, and scores on a wrap around?— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) December 11, 2019
Yeah, I guess so!
(Bonus bench celebration!) pic.twitter.com/WyqS3p1Qfr
- Protecting the two-goal lead is fine in the third, but I sure wouldn't mind another period like the last one. Give us all the goals.
- Peca is doing a one foot glide to the bench, Evgeni Malkin may have squished him.
- Carey Price makes a save. That would most definitely could have been the Galchenyuk goal I was expecting.
- Brendan Gallagher scores on the empty net, extending his scoring streak to four games. /
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Kris Letang couldn’t hold him back
2) He’s been saving that speed for this very moment
1) Time to get your shimmy on!