Montreal @ New Jersey Top Six Minutes: Canadiens can’t deal with the Devils
The Devils capitalized on the Habs’ inability to find their groove
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- New Jersey have lost their last two games. Why not make it three?
- Gallagher and Anderson get tangled up and roll into Price’s net.
- Thankfully, Price saw the human bowling balls tumbling towards and got out of the way.
- The Habs are scrambling right off the faceoff and the Devils strike first.
- Not ideal.
- Drouin fights back with a beauty 24 seconds later! Kinkaid didn’t even see that wicked wrister coming.
- Price is in tracker mode and snuffs a shot by Hall.
- But Hall gets even by grabbing the assist Hischier’s goal to make it 2-1./
- Let’s count how many Devils are on the ice, shall we? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Yup, that’s too many men.
- Devils steal the puck while shorthanded but Petry says not on my watch.
- A little tic-tack-toe play and Hall gives the Devils a two-goal lead.
- Price can’t slide over in time and Zacha sneaks one in behind him.
- Oh boy. Price is maaad. He whips the puck to Benn who’s just a few feet away. Check yourself for holes after that one Benn.
- Seriously, Tatar? We’re down 4-1 and you take a hand over the puck penalty? If you’re going to take a penalty, at least don’t make it a lame one.
- Why not just give the Devils a power play goal while you’re at it?
- And there it is./
- Well, that was quite the butt kicking during the second period. But, just imagine how sweet the comeback will be!
- No pull for Price as he sets up between the pipes for the final period.
- The puck bounces off the linesman’s shoulder, Agostino keeps it in play and gets it past KinKaid. But, the net was also knocked off so no goal.
- So, the comeback hasn’t officially started yet.
- It wouldn’t be a game if Domi didn’t grab a point! Let the comeback begin! Sure, there’s only eight minutes left but dream big.
- Drouin’s on board as he beats Kinkaid but not the crossbar.
- One goal does not a comeback make. /
Highlight of the night
Max Domi gets a lucky one to make it 5-2. #habs pic.twitter.com/dPMosBqBvV— Jared Book (@jaredbook) November 22, 2018
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Getting the puck to guys in red was working just the other day.
2) That’s how you know it’s really bad.
1) Well, they did that. On to the next one.