Canadiens at Islanders - Top Six Minutes - It's backwards day on Long Island
After two games where the Canadiens owned the even strength scoring and the Islanders killed them on the PP, the Canadiens finally turned the tables.
- Remember how P.K. Subban was a goat last game? Two goals, one on the PP, +2, +10 Fenwick, +15 Corsi. Dominant.
- NHL.com is giving Gallagher credit for Subban's second goal. Not sure if that'll change but it looked like Subban's to me.
- We finally beat the Islanders!!!
- We're actually excited about beating the Islanders?
- Francis Bouillon's play on John Tavares' goal would have got P.K. Subban benched. Bouillon still played 14:02, more than Jarred Tinordi, who's been better than Bouillon.
- This would be why I don't like that signing.
- The Canadiens shut out the Islanders' powerplay on 4 chances, but most of that was Carey Price making sensational saves, the PK is still pretty awful.
- Although their play when the Islanders had a 5-on-3 to end the game was actually impressive.
- Matt Moulson still grabbed two assists tonight. Hab. Killer.
- Kyle Okposo's dive that caused Travis Moen to get called for hooking for a tap on the hands at the end of the game was amazing. 10 disgraceful Claude Juliens out of 10.
- Kevin Poulin's dive earlier in the game was a little half hearted, he only gets 6 Juliens.
- Price finally had a good start against the Islanders!
- Brendan Gallagher has been the best player on his line for 5 games or so, which is impressive when Max Pacioretty is on your line.
- I'm exhausted so no three stars picked by me. You're all stars *after school special music*.