Friday Habs Headlines: Do the Canadiens now shift their attention to Tyler Seguin?
In today’s links, whether the Habs could target a player on an expiring contract, using Kawhi Leonard as an example of how to handle disgruntled players, and Jaromir Jagr is still lacing them up.
Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Would impending UFA Tyler Seguin want to play for the Canadiens? [Montreal Gazette]
- Catching up with Kenny Agostino, who is hoping to impress the Habs brass at training camp. [Montreal Canadiens]
- The Canadiens and Ottawa Senators could learn from how the San Antonio Spurs handled Kawhi Leonard when dealing with the Karlsson and Pacioretty cases. [The Athletic]
- The Laval Rocket have signed native son defenceman Maxim Lamarche./
Apprenez à connaître Maxim Lamarche!— Rocket de Laval (@RocketLaval) July 19, 2018
Le Lavallois a signé un contrat de deux saisons (2018-2020) avec le Rocket de Laval le 1er juillet.
N’attendez plus, réservez vos billets de saison en ligne dès maintenant >>> https://t.co/UKDTkfW9nG pic.twitter.com/8qAf87A9zl
- Tomas Plekanec is now on Instagram. [Instagram]/
Pleky est sur Instagram, suivez-le!— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) July 19, 2018
Pleky is on Instagram. Give the man a follow!
👉 https://t.co/ZSUyZkl6CU pic.twitter.com/MQKV4ZyRnj
- The first episode of “Your Canadiennes” is now out, focusing on 2017 Clarkson Cup./
In this first episode of “Your Canadiennes,” players reflect back on the 2017 Clarkson Cup championship, the ambiance on game day, and how they felt hosting the coveted cup.#FabsTV #TBT pic.twitter.com/HujC3W7dt8— Les Canadiennes (@LesCanadiennes) July 19, 2018
Around the league and elsewhere
- Ranking the off-seasons for each of the 31 teams. [The Athletic]
- Are Artemi Panarin’s days with the Columbus Blue Jackets numbered? [The Cannon]
- What can Adam Henrique, proud owner of a new five-year contract, bring offensively to the Anaheim Ducks? [Anaheim Calling]
- Is it time for Frederick Gaudreau to cement a position with the Nashville Predators? [On The Forecheck]
- Andrew MacDonald continues to post poor results. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Which team has the best core - and locked into the best contract situation - in the NHL? [ESPN]
- Jaromir Jagr hits the ice with Rytiri Kladno as training camp opens, with the ultimate aim of a return to the NHL. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Katie Strang takes us inside the NHL-NHLPA discussions on determining the league’s marijuana use policy. [The Athletic]
- Jayna Hefford has been named the interim commissioner of the CWHL. [Sportsnet]/