A Bitter Bandwagon Habs Fan’s TSM: Smashville
Take note, Eastern Conference, THIS is how you play a low scoring playoff game.
Hopefully, Nashville/Anaheim continues to be far more interesting than the snooze fest that is the Eastern Conference final...
- Ahh, I see the Johansen vs Kesler chatter is starting early today. :D
- Nashville coming out hot to start the game.
- So much yellow...
- Ellis just dumped the puck in from the wrong side of the blue line, and then beat out the icing call. Impressive.
- Oof that hit on Zolnierczyk did not look fun.
- Fortunately for Anaheim, the Preds power play was not that scary looking.
- OH MY GIBBY.
- This game is nowhere as exciting as the last Preds/Ducks game, but it is absolutely riveting in comparison to every Sens/Pens game so far.
- Good grief. Shots are 17-9 for Nashville!/
- That was a nice little save by Gibson on Forsberg.
- P.K. looks so good in yellow, and it hurts my soul.
- Corey Perry is definitely going to score now that they’ve mentioned him being quiet.
- Oh boy. I hope Arvidsson is ok. That was a nasty move by Manson.
- Anaheim might want to get more shots on Rinne...and buy Gibson dinner after this.
- Or not. Boo. (Or yay, depending on your perspective.)
- HAHAHAHAH That was the Ducks’ second shot of the period. It’s more than half way through the frame. That’s not good.
- Aaaaand things are getting nasty again. Poor Zolnierczyk is having a rough night.
- ...how did Anaheim end up on the power play on that??
- Oh. Instigator.
- GOAAALLLLL FOR REAL THIS TIME. From the birthday boy, too!/
This view adds more context. Perry is behind the line when he shoots. Puck hits Rinne's leg and goes in directly. Goodness gracious. pic.twitter.com/Ddmf0h4NFf— Paul Campbell ❄️ (@WayToGoPaul) May 17, 2017
- Remember that thing about Perry from earlier? Oh Rinne. That was Not. Good.
- HAHAHA Boll got the last laugh in the penalty box!!/
Jared Boll was being taunted in the penalty box when Corey Perry scored. He gets the last laugh. pic.twitter.com/6rHMoCm2O5— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) May 17, 2017
- This is so Anaheim though. Get outshot to all hell, and then score anyway. Because of course.
- Oh lovely. Gibby got run into by his own guy.
- Well, that was a dumb penalty to take./
- Noooooooooo. Darn you Forsberg for being so good at hockey.
- Vatanen....you pushed him into your goalie. Why. WHY./
Forsberg cleans up the rebound. Tie game. pic.twitter.com/kNPJwNPmfx— Marc Dumont (@MarcPDumont) May 17, 2017
- Vatanen trying very hard to redeem himself on the next shift.
- Oh no....Gibby be ok...please be ok...
- But also what a pretty play by P.K.
- ARE THEY TRYING TO KILL GIBSON????? (The answer is no, but I still resent it.)
- Please do not go to extra time...I just want to go make my mac and cheese...
- That was a very bad penalty, Anaheim. This is not what I had in mind when I said please do not go to extra time.
- UHHHGGG That was very not what I meant, Anaheim.
- (But oh boy, Roman Josi is good.)/
Josi goal. The initial point shot hits Arvidsson in front. Gibson completely loses it. Josi has the empty cage. Random end to a bad PP. pic.twitter.com/aLOjmvI7oT— Paul Campbell ❄️ (@WayToGoPaul) May 17, 2017
- The way the in-arena announcer said Arvidsson’s name makes him sound like a pirate. Aaarrrrrrrvidson! it’s great.
- Nashville wins 2-1!/