Montreal vs. St. Louis Top Six Minutes: Habs sing the Blues
A cacophony of mistakes lead to a poor showing in St. Louis.
- (Looks at St. Louis’ record)
- So that’s why they call them the Blues!
- That’s right folks, an Elton John joke, welcome to a Scott Matla TSM!
- I hope the Blues don’t trade Barclay, he’s adorable./
- Congrats to both Nicolas Deslauriers and Joel Armi for their milestones tonight!
- 300 games for the on they call D-Lo and 200 games for the One Man Armia.
- Well that’s not the best start, but David Perron, sometimes you just have to hug Carey Price.
- Hey defence, you guys can help him on the penalty kill, just sayin’.
- At least the fourth line came to play, and a Nic Deslauriers breakaway is not at all what I expected.
- Oh yikes, I hope Robert Thomas is okay after hitting the boards, that was not a smooth landing in the slightest.
- Phil, bud, you’re our star penalty killer, come on man!
- OH SO CLOSE, that breakaway goal would have been something.
- Oh no, a power play.
- I think the Blues had more shorthanded rushes than the Habs had chances.
- Oh no another power play.
- You have got to be kidding me Habs.
- Well, it can only get better from here right?/
- Jonathan Drouin taking a hard shot off the ankle is probably not the start the Canadiens needed in this period.
- Neither is that Jay Bouwmeester goal, long way to get back into this game.
- And a power play? This is downright mean by the Blues.
- YOU CAN SCORE ON THE POWER PLAY?!
- What a bank shot by Brendan Gallagher to show some signs of life.
- And now right back to the penalty kill, it can never be easy eh Habs?
- Oh yikesssss Carey nearly gifts O’Reilly a goal with some poor puck handling.
- Well, at least this usually puts on massive third period performances right?/
- Both these teams seem determined to play as little of this game at even stength as possible apparently.
- Taking a penalty on the power play? Who do the Blues think they are, the Canadiens?
- Victor Mete is cursed, that’s the only explanation for that save, poor kid.
- So is Deslauriers tonight I guess.
- Of course the young kid who grew up in Quebec scored on the Habs, a tradition like no other.
- Out comes the line blender, it’s been awhile old friend.
- Here comes the power play!
- And a 5-on-3 where Shea Weber murders an unsuspecting crossbar.
- (deflating balloon noise)
- At least Carey Price seems to be in top form tonight.
- Max Domi getting a misconduct with under two minutes left just about sums up this game.
- Bring on the Avalanche this weekend. /
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Had to pick this beautiful piece of work right here
2) Can’t make lineup decisions based on facial hair anymore
1) This is all of us