Canadiens vs. Lightning Top Six Minutes: Speed doesn’t always equal goals
They had a hot start and tough battle, but the Canadiens ended up on the losing end against the Lightning
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Ugh... Tampa./
- Is it just me, or is Gallagher looking uber fit this season?
- RIght outta the gate, Domi lights the lamp 58 seconds in! ‘Cause that’s how he rolls!
- Tampa is so flustered, they’re banging into each other. It’s awesome.
- The Habs look like they’re jacked up on Red Bull for the first half of this period.
- Benn walks right in but misfires by just a smidge.
- Drouin also wide open and takes the shot but doesn’t find the back of the net. Yet.
- About a half second after the power play ends, Stamkos scores ties it up. Haha, Stamkos. You couldn’t score on the power play.
- Tampa is picking up speed and hits the crossbar.
- And J.T Miller follows through to go top shelf on Price and take the lead.
- What a glove save by Price! Let’s replay that again... and again.../
Carey Price flashes the leather! pic.twitter.com/u8N27Pive8— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) November 3, 2018
- Gallagher goes in for a check and ends up over the boards and lands on the Habs bench. That’s one way to change, I suppose.
- Kotkaniemi with a nice lob pass up the ice. Armia gets to the puck and in close to Vasilevskiy but no go.
- Tampa gets a shorthanded shot on Price but he fools them by keeping the puck in play.
- The big debate of the night is: Does Price play better with white or red pads? Let’s just go with awesome is awesome.
- Two on one and Tatar lets loose a wrist shot but goes wide.
- A blatant trip on Shaw but there’s no call. I’m guessing if it was the other way around we’d be on the PK right now.
- Well, the refs saw the trip on Drouin so we’ll take that one. We won’t score though./
- Who does Stamkos think he is making it a two-goal lead?
- Petry joins Gallagher on the rush but Vasilevskiy stops that one to. Knock it off already Andrei.
- Tampa heads to the power play again. Quick! Someone untie Stamkos’ laces.
- Juulsen and Armia are playing pass the stick. Juulsen breaks his, Armia gives his to Juulsen and the Lightning score on the power play to make it 4-1. /
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Hey one team in the organization got a big win today
2) It seems they did not remember
1) At least one player was able to keep things rolling