Canadiens vs. Avalanche Top Six Minutes: From boring to shutout in 60 minutes
It took 50 minutes, but when the Habs kicked it into high gear Colorado didn’t stand a chance.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Sweet little flash of the leather by Price and we’re only five minutes in. I’m going to take this as a good sign.
- And we’ve got 30 seconds of four-on-four. Show us your moves boys.
- Turnover at the blueline and the Avalanche almost grab a short-hander. Luckily someone *cough, cough Price * was paying attention.
- The Habs were outshot on that power play. Think that’s bad? They were outshot 1-0.
- Now we’re picking it up. A little bit of battling results in three shots on net during this power play.
- Maybe... just maybe, we’ll get a goal next time. Dream big!/
- Montreal has more hits than shots so far. Perhaps, time to shift focus a little?
- I’m starting to think Claude just picked names from a hat for his line shake up.
- There’s been a lot of Habs in good spots to take a shot. Now, if they would just take the shot...
- Nice hit on Johnson by Gallagher. It’s always fun to see Gally take someone down with a plain ol’ check.
- Even bigger hit on Jost by Benn. Now THAT was fun!
- Scramble in front of the net...attempted wraparound by Drouin...and still no goal.
- Cole nails Chaput at centre ice and draws a crowd.
- Have I mentioned that Price is looking pretty darn great tonight?
- Benn is like a freaking freight train! Taking down everyone who gets in his way.
- So, period one we had penalties. Period two, we had hits. There’s only one thing left to see in period three. /
- Byron with a chance! Well, that was the most excitement we’ve seen in 40 minutes.
- A post! Weber hit the post! I’m going to take this as a good sign too.
- Just to make it a little more interesting, Weber gets called for hooking. A weak call, but a call nonetheless.
- Another post! Boredom is now turning into frustration.
- It’s in! The puck actually went in! It took 50 minutes but Kulak opened the scoring with a short-handed goal. How sweet it is.
- Could it get any better? Yes it could my friends. Kotkaniemi makes it 2-0 with a pretty little one-timer!
- Benn decides to lay off the hits and get an empty-netter just for something different.
- Excuse me while I dust off the ol’ shutout dance.
- A boring first half + an exciting final 10 minutes = a win.
- I’ll take it./
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3: A long one, but a good point
1A & 1(P)B: Which one did it? Better give the first star to both to be sure.