Canadiens @ Maple Leafs Top Six Minutes: Battle of the Bubble
Both the Habs and Leafs iced rosters of primarily bubble players, so it is perhaps unsurprising that it was the Habs’ NHLers who made the difference.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Ok Habs, I really need you to win, or certain dear friends of mine are never going to let me live this down.
- Jesperi and Kasperi. This is gonna be a fun night!
- The Habs defense tonight makes me want to weep. And not the good kind of weeping.
- At least Lehkonen has an A, which is enough to cheer anyone up.
- This is gonna be not fun. On the other hand, Nick Suzuki is definitely fun.
- Oh no.
- ÅÅÅÅÅÅÅRTAAAAANNNNN!!!!!! Finns got Finnish. #PrinceArtturi (At what point does Prince Artturi become King Artturi? Asking for a friend.)
- Thank you Nemo.
- This is very not the way I expected this game to go....
- le sigh Oh hey. It stood!!
- I'm so glad they've put all the Finns together on this power play.
- Kotkaniemi and Suzuki have a dueling goalposts thing going on, apparently.
- Mango with his best preseason outing so far. (For those of you who are unfamiliar, Mango is Nikita Scherbak.)/
- Look. The Habs are gonna be bad. But at least early indications are that they'll be entertaining and bad this season.
- God. You could feel that Kapanen goal coming from a mile away.
- Ouellett strikes again. That was very nice.
- OMG CHARLES. (Also, GOALIE POINT!!!) That spin move was so good.
- Simon Despres giving everyone a heart attack when he lay on the ice for a century.
- Prince Artturi has been at the right place at the right time an awful lot tonight!!!!!!!
- Oh Byron...
- Oh lord... this 5-on-3 is gonna end well...
- Oh hey. It went just fine.
- Kotkaniemi is looking so good.
- Sorry the second period was so bland...I was too busy watching the Hudon goal on repeat./
- Get Prince Artturi a hattie. Get Ouellet a hattie! All the hatties.
- Speaking of getting people goals, get Suzuki one please.
- Chaput had a really pretty look there. Sparks got that one.
- Nemo making more good saves.
- This is definitely one of the Leafs’ best shifts since the first period. Kapanen almost got another.
- OH GOD. NOT HUDON.
- Oh. He seems to be ok. Everyone stand down.
- Lehk rings the post...
- Some very determined Habs fans are olé-ing in Toronto.
- Well. That was fun.
- HABS WIN 5-1!!!!!/
Highlight of the Game
A spinning beauty from Charles Hudon. Niemi got an assist too.
Charles Hudon hits Andreas Borgman with a Madden-esque spin move and scores to make it 4-1 #Habs pic.twitter.com/3UhYFPbDw5— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) September 25, 2018