Canadiens @ Senators Top Six Minutes: Ten goals in two games
And you thought Tuesday night’s game was fun!
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Remember Tuesday night? That was fun./
- A Weber slapshot to the gut for Anderson. That’s it, wear him down early.
- Looks like we might see a good ol’ fashioned goalie showdown tonight.
- And if Price flashing the leather on Tkachuk is any indication, he’s got it in the bag.
- Or not.
- Petry evens the score 20 seconds later from the blue line and Chaput picks up his first point as a Hab!
- Domi’s down! Domi’s down! Nobody panic!
- Because he’s alright. I knew he would be. I think I handled that pretty well.
- Ryan tries to make a hit on Kulak but the hitter ended up being the hittee. He’s no match for Kulak’s shoulder and heads down the tunnel./
- Tkachuk whiffs on the puck. That was cutting it a little close, fellas.
- We’re headed to the power play because Duchene slashed Petry for being faster than him.
- For dramatic effect, Byron waits until the power play is over before lighting the lamp for the lead!
- It’s Duchene’s turn to head down the tunnel. Amazing. They’re actually taking themselves out.
- Kotkaniemi with a slick pass to Drouin, and Drouin with an even slicker pass to Shaw from behind the net leads to Shaw notching his 100th career goal!
- With just 1:33 left, Kulak decides to spice things up and take a penalty.
- Well, that backfired.
- After a great cross-ice save by Price, White sneaks one past him on the rebound./
- Sens hit the post! Thankfully they have no follow through.
- We’ve got ourselves a Gally goal to make it a two-goal lead again!
- Only one shot on goal for the Sens halfway through the period. Someone remember to wake up Price before you leave.
- With five minutes left, the Sens take one of the stupidest penalty you can take — puck over glass. We’ll take it.
- A scrum breaks out and while holding Kotkaniemi down, Falk pops Gallagher’s helmet off. What does he get in return? A lovely Gally grin.
- As soon as Anderson heads for the bench, Byron strolls down to make it 5-2 with an empty netter!
- Not only did the Habs win, two Senators injured themselves...themselves...so badly they didn’t return to the game.
- This game may have been even better than Tuesday night’s game./
Highlight of the night
The game-winning goal is also Andrew Shaw’s 100th.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Come up with a better free-agent signing this off-season
2) I’m pretty sure Melnyk has attempted this
- Domi knows how to pester the Sens