Wednesday Habs Headlines: Gallagher’s return
In today’s links, Brendan Gallagher wasn’t about to finish this campaign on the sidelines, the NHL strikes a new jersey manufacturing contract, and “no one fears a defensive team”.
We now have less than two weeks remaining until SB Nation’s support for Eyes On The Prize comes to an end on March 31, 2023. Since the last update, we’ve been fielding a few offers to join existing networks or enter into other partnerships. Some of those options remain open, but the plan for now is to take the site — with its current name and archive — to our own hosting service and have it run as an independent operation.
The goal is to be up and running on April 1. Some time will be required to complete the full site transfer, which can’t begin until March 31, so we may not have the archive or the regular URL right away, but that should all be taken care of within a day or two of the launch.
This move is possible thanks to your support, through both our GoFundMe campaign and Patreon account for monthly donations, allowing us to cover the initial operating costs of getting the site hosted and paying for the additional services that go along with that, and also paying the site’s writers for the next two months once our time at SB Nation comes to an end. Thank you for your assistance in this process, and we will be working on some perks for the new site in the coming months for those who have donated.
Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Brendan Gallagher noted that the Canadiens had so many injured players that there weren’t enough seats in the press box. [Montreal Gazette]
- Gallagher was adamant in wanting to finish this season on the ice. [Montreal Gazette]
- How Kent Hughes is approaching the Connor Bedard lottery, Cole Caufield contract, and more. [The Athletic]
- The past week for the Canadiens in numbers. [RDS]
- Aaron Ward on what the Canadiens management team may be able to get done this summer. [TSN 690 (Audio)]/
Around the league and elsewhere
- Everything you need to know about the NHL-Fanatics jersey deal. [ESPN]
- Why fans are furious about the NHL’s uniform deal with Fanatics — and why they should be. [The Athletic]
- What impact will the QMJHL’s fighting ban have? [Sportsnet]
- College free agents to watch. [Sportsnet]
- Rasmus Sandin reflects on the shock of being dealt from the Toronto Maple Leafs and the task of finding a role with his new team. [The Athletic]
- Minnesota Wild prospect Marco Rossi blended into the NHL earlier this season but didn’t stand out. A chat with his AHL coach helped lead him to improve. [The Hockey News]
- How NHLers watch hockey games: from scheme nerds to skill thieves to ‘turn my brain off’ and enjoy. [The Athletic]
- The Colorado Avalanche have extended head coach Jared Bednar for another three years. [Daily Faceoff]
- Alex Ovechkin has set the NHL record for most 40 goal seasons. [Daily Faceoff]
- ‘No one fears a defensive team’: What’s driving hockey’s offensive boom. [The Score]
- The QMJHL has become aware of allegations of events of a “sexual nature” that occurred in the 1990s. [La Presse]/