Sunday Habs Headlines: Would the Canadiens consider trading Max Pacioretty?
Here are your daily links, including speculation about the captain. Montreal’s need for goals, Doughty’s thoughts on Beaulieu, and more on the situation in Florida.
Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Despite the speculation swirling around, the Canadiens aren’t interested in trading Max Pacioretty. With his history and contract, he makes for an interesting option for a massive return, though. [Sportsnet]
- Marc-Antoine Godin touched on the Canadiens’ goal-scoring woes and whether the team needs another defenceman. [TSN690]
- L.A. Kings defenceman Drew Doughty sat down to share his thoughts on Nathan Beaulieu. [NHL]
- Shea Weber spoke about his thoughts on Alexander Radulov and the Canadiens’ power play:/
- The disparity between the Montreal Canadiens’ home and road records is raising concerns. [JDQ]
- Alex Radulov nearly suffered another injury at practice. [TVA Sports]
- Former Canadian gold medalist and Montreal Stars goaltender, Kim St-Pierre, looked back at her career and gave an update on the program she is involved with now. [JDM] /
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Elliotte Friedman met current Florida Panthers head coach Tim Rowe to discuss, among other things, the team’s recent coach firing. [Sportsnet]
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have been one of the more surprising teams in the NHL this season. [FanRag Sports]
- Check out which five lines in the NHL have been dominating on the scoresheet and with with their underlying numbers. [The Score]
- Patrik Laine’s hot start has left quite an impression on his Winnipeg Jets teammates. [TSN]
- Should the NWHL follow the NCAA’s lead when deciding where to locate its teams? [Pucks & Rec]/