Thursday Habs Headlines: Marc Bergevin doesn’t expect many deadline trades
Here are your daily links, including Marc Bergevin’s thoughts on the trade market, Carey Price’s new pants, and Pink in the Rink for Les Canadiennes.
Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Marc Bergevin doesn’t expect many trades at this year’s deadline, given the lack of sellers in the market. [La Presse]
- It seems as though Carey Price’s new goalie pants aren’t ready just yet ... according to the pants: /
Asked Price if new pants are ready for Sat.— Аrpon Basu (@ArponBasu) February 1, 2017
"Why don't you ask them?"
Lifts them in front of his face and I ask them.
"Nyet," the pants said
- Les Canadiennes will be hosting their Pink in the Rink game to fight breast cancer this Saturday in Brossard as they host the Toronto Furies. [NHL.com]
- The big news at practice yesterday was that Alex Galchenyuk and Jeff Petry will return to game action tonight. [EOTP]
- All the returns of key members are giving the team a boost for the final push to the post-season. [Canadiens.com]/
Around the league and elsewhere
- The St. Louis Blues have fired head coach Ken Hitchcock, replacing him with Mike Yeo. [St. Louis Game Time]
- Blues GM Doug Armstrong, meanwhile, is claiming responsibility for the team’s failure, despite Hitchcock being the first to go. [SLGT]
- Ilya Bryzgalov took something of a media role at this year’s NHL All-Star Game, and it was fantastic: /
The time has come.— The Players' Tribune (@PlayersTribune) January 31, 2017
Behold @BryzGoalie30's NHL All-Star game report. pic.twitter.com/ID7ya8rXND
- The Arizona Coyotes made a deal yesterday, sending goaltender Justin Peters and Justin Hache to the Dallas Stars. [FFH]
- The National Hockey League will be celebrating Hockey Is For Everyone Month this February. [Puck Daddy]
- Sergei Mozyakin has broken Alex Radulov’s KHL single-season points record after recording his 81st of the year. [Twitter]/