Medical update - Alex Galchenyuk will be out for 6 weeks with a broken hand suffered last night vs Florida.— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) January 7, 2014
Well that's not good. Alex Galchenyuk has been the only good winger that Lars Eller has had since Brendan Gallagher was taken away from him and given to David Desharnais, and now he's gone for six weeks with a broken hand.
Oddly enough, Galchenyuk continued to play against Florida after breaking his hand, and was actually pretty effective.
The injury is actually coming at not so bad of a time, with the Olympic break upcoming, which means he'll miss fewer games than if he were injured any other time of the year.
With Georges Parros and Ryan White also injured, there will be a call up from the Hamilton Bulldogs, probably one of Christian Thomas or Louis Leblanc, with Rene Bourque likely to shift from the right wing to the left wing.
- Game Recap: A rare dominant Habs win
- Tuesday Habs Links: Canada to name Olympic team today
- Top Six Minutes - No-Goal? No Problem
- Plekanec named captain of Czech Olympic squad
- Catching The Torch: Dec. 30 to January 5th
- Complete coverage of the Habs win over the Panthers
- Habs vs Sens: Scoring chances
- Bulldogs Weekly Report: Hamilton rolls to five straight wins
- Canada without a medal at the WJC again