Canadiens @ Red Wings Top Six Minutes: A Will to Win
The most Gally goal of all Gally goals started it off, and a goal from home-town boy Jeff Petry finished it.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Here's to hoping it's Tuna Time in Detroit...
- Oh hey!! Hudon is in!
- Rosie :(
- Weber isn't wearing a full mask??? This seems... unwise.
- This game is off to a great start...
- Please go play in the offensive zone longer, boys.
- Well. At least Niemi is awake.
- Rosie's gonna score tonight, isn't he.
- Well, not from the penalty box he isn't.
- That was underwhelming.
- tHAnK you, NeMO!!!
- Please go play in the offensive zone. I hear it's a very nice place to spend time.
- DO NOT TOUCH JEFF.
- Can we decline this PP? Asking for some friends. Specifically 20 friends who are surprisingly bad at it./
- Gally goals are the best goals. And that was the Gally-est of all Gally goals.
- Flying fish. Aka flying Tuna.
- Oh lord. That's not ideal. Where was everyone wearing white. Oh there. Nowhere near where they needed to be.
- Oh Shea...
- That was quite a shift from Charles.
- It would make me feel much better if the Habs would get another goal...
- ....where was that hook?
- There will be one second on Kotka's penalty next period. This feels ridiculous./
- Holy asdfjkljaldk
- He made it look so easy too.
- Oh Max, why. Wait. that was the penalty??
- UHG. WHY. Niemi had all those other shots but not that one.
- Ok someone. Time to step up. At the rate we're going of my favourites scoring, Lehkonen should be the next one. But we all know how the hockey gods feel about him.
- Abdelkader dancing around Benn is not something one wants to hear...
- Oh Tuna. Tuna, that is not what we were hoping for.
- There is too much time left. Too much time for Athanasiou to score a hat-trick...
- MONTREAL WINS 3-2!!!!! PETRY WITH THE GWG AT HOME./
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) You got to see a Petry nice goal, anyway (and I'm very jealous)
2) They’re really perfecting that recipe in recent weeks
1) A bonus seventh-round pick would be great