Canadiens vs. Sharks Top Six Minutes: The penalty kill strikes again
The Canadiens were the better team for most of the game, but only outside of special teams.
- Hey, did you know the Habs almost never beat the Sharks? I’m sure it won’t be repeated all game right?
- Brent Burns is definitely hiding at least one nest of birds in his beard, this cannot be changed in my mind.
- My bold prediction is a Shea Weber 5v5 goal, and a Cale Fleury point(and subsequent emoji from Kinkaid)/
- We’re playing the goalie whose name sounds like the place in a Disney movie, now we’re going to have to let it go and just win the game I suppose.
- Cale Fleury bringing the big shot, and big backside to play early on, Sorenson is lucky that hit missed our they might be scraping him off the boards.
- The Habs look great, the first goal has to be coming...Andddd the Sharks have scored.
- Wait, Montreal can win challenges? This has to be a first.
- Did Victor Mete just steal a pass from Shea Weber? What the hell kind of universe is this game taking place in?
- You know a team looks slow when Nate Thompson of all players is skating circles around them in the offensive zone.
- Well, the power play didn’t score, but that’s okay because apparently our fourth line is just going to make up for it!
- What an effort by Nick Cousins to get his first in a Montreal sweater, and well-deserved for the Habs.
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi isn’t a kid anymore! sniff They grow up so fast
- What is the opposite of good? That’s the penalty kill currently. /
- The broadcast is quoting face-off stats and I can feel my eyes slowly rolling all the way into the back of my head.
- Hey guys, what didn’t we learn the first time?
- I have no idea what’s going on, and this entire sequence is a disaster.
- So of course the Sharks get another goal out of it, sure why not.
- Well, we can’t blame that goal on the penalty kill.
- Hey cool, a make up call!
- Aaron Dell had a .884 SV% coming into this game, and now suddenly he’s prime Hasek, and in no way is that utterly annoying.
- The Sharks don’t have a shot on goal since they scored their third, the ice is tilted so far in one direction I expect Carey Price to come tumbling into the play any moment.
- That’s just an awful way to end the period.
- OR NOT! Great tip by Joel Armia to get some energy back/
- Alright Habs, you’ve been the better team most of the night, get the lead back.
- Well, at least the refs know you can’t throw a puck in the net.
- So much icing, but this is a carrot cake of a game, sure it looks good in someways, but is just awful in others.
- I wonder who wins in an Erik Karlsson vs. Phillip Danault fight?
- If the refs waited any longer to blow a whistle on that play we’d have to hold a ceremony commemorating it.
- Oh no, another penalty kill, I don’t want to go through this same thing again.
- They CAN kill penalties! Who knew?
- Well...Bring on the Leafs on Saturday I suppose./
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Taking one for the team
2) The rare hockey mulligan
1) You’re welcome