Habs vs. Sens Top Six Minutes: Ottawa Typical
Kanata is a silly place, and no fun for the Canadiens.
- Even with Price out with the flu, I still feel confident in the Big Cubano Al Montoya in net.
- It’s not truly hockey on Saturday unless Bob Cole is calling the game.
- Also BOB COLE IS CALLING THE GAME!/
- As expected the game is physical at first, and I’m all about Max Pacioretty throwing hits though.
- Did you know Marc Methot’s nick name is “Meth”?
- Because it is, and given his smile in the penalty box it’s fairly accurate.
- Well at least that goal wasn’t shorthanded, or scored by Pageau?
- Oh my word, that Galchenyuk lob pass to Pacioretty is the stuff of dreams.
- The Habs new power play, or as I like to call it “Let the Man Mountain maim people with slapshots”.
- And of course Zack Smith scores, if he only played against the Habs he’d have 82 goals a year.
- Ending the period taking a penalty is a good sign right?/
- That Paul Byron, he’s got rockets for skates and I will accept no other answer for his speed.
- Radulov sets up Pacioretty for a gorgeous scoring chance, which is negated by Chris Kelly tackling him in front of the net.
- Oh hey there’s Chris Neil...Doing something stupid naturally.
- I don’t think it’s good that the first time I noticed Alex Galchenyuk this period was during him taking a penalty.
- The Big Cubano comes up massive on a crucial penalty kill!
- I think Jeff Petry just microfractured Mark Stone’s face on that hit.
- I now worry that Shaw is going to try and make a statement after getting into it with Smith during that scrum.
- Why hello there Triple 7 line!
- JEFF PETRY POWER PLAY GOAL!!
- And immediately after I can see that Lehkonen is now playing on the fourth line and I am slightly annoyed.
- And yup, that’s Paul Byron in the top six!/
- L’ARTTISTE SCORES
- (All while I was trying to write something snarky and cynical)
- Erik Karlsson with an all time great acting performance on the two “penalties” he drew this period.
- What a massive penalty kill!
- NO GOAL? EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING
- Dion Phaneuf, still very bad at hockey.
- Jeff Petry returning to this line up pays dividends with another PP goal!
- In a bit of delicious irony, that shot deflected off Pageau’s stick apparently.
- BIG EFFING CUBANO!
- Scored on by a former Hab to tie the game, Ottawa Typical.
- We’re going to overtime! Who will be the Habs hero?
- Phaneuf in OT for the Sens, it’s a bold move if you ask me, given he’s a traffic cone.
- Okay, no one apparently, time for the skills competition!
- Yeah that Desharnais shootout attempt about sums this game up.
- But hey, three out of four points with our back up goalie is cause enough for me to celebrate!/
Jeff Petry gets the Habs on the board through a Lehkonen screen
Lehkonen scores his first goal as a Montreal Canadien(s fourth-liner)
Petry’s second gave the team its first lead
EOTP Three Stars
- The Blender is out, and fans are panicking.
2. That Petry goal however, is bringing out our inner science nerds
3. The horror, the horror.