Habs vs Capitals Top Six Minutes: Outgunned and Outdueled
Billed as a battle of the goalies, Holtby, Ovechkin, and the Capitals overwhelm the Habs
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Lars Eller returns to the Bell Centre, Ovie could tie Maurice Richard in Montreal, and I am helplessly conflicted.
- It’s still surprising when someone other than Carey Price wins the Carey Price Cup.
- Eller is in the starting lineup, and I’m just over here crying. Don’t mind me. Yes I’m watching the Caps broadcast because Eller.
- I really like Petry too, Mr. announcer man!
- The Eller line causing chaos. Why does that sound familiar...
- Habs...you’re going to need to get more than one shot to beat the Holtbeast....please do something about that.
- This is going to be a 1-0 OT game isn’t it...
- ...or not. Bah. Backstrom scored. I guess he’s kind of good.
- Speaking of being good, Lehkonen had a really dandy chance there.
- Habs...you’ve really gotta shoot more./
- Dear Habs, please get the puck out of your own end!
- Eller wants a goal very badly. I want Eller to have a goal very badly. But if he gets a goal the Habs are down by two...and I don’t like the idea of having to score three against Holtby. =/
- That Radulov forecheck! Oh my!
- Eller and Plek against each other in the faceoff makes me sad. This was not how it was supposed to be.
- Uhg Farnham. Please stop. This was unnecessary. Very unnecessary.
- Good lord, Paulie, I’m very glad you’re back.
- Habs, you’re being outshot almost 2-1.
- Washington, if you broke Nate, I will not forgive you. Even if it was just an errant shot.
- Ah the cycle work of Eller and his line. :D
- Um...I mean Habs, don’t let the Capitals cycle in your own end like that!
- Shutout, shutout, shutout, shutout, shutout.
- Oh my that flurry of chances to end the period./
- Well, a power play is a good way to start the period.
- I’m glad they’re giving Mango power play time.
- For two such normally exciting teams, this is a very boring game.
- That goalpost is going to haunt us forever isn’t it...
- DOESN’T MATTER, HAD PLEK!!
- Oh Patch....Oh Jeff...really??
- ...Well that’s really not what you want at all. That’s the second very un-Price-like goal allowed tonight.
- Emelin lost control of the puck, and it still turned into a scoring chance for the Habs.
- Holy crap, I did not realize Pacioretty had 14 goals in 16 games! That’s impressive
- Ahhhhhhh Radu, really??
- Oh lord. Ovie. Of course he gets the Rocket tying goal against the Habs.
- So what was a close game until the third ends 4-1 for Washington./
EOTP Three Stars
1. How many of them were against Montreal? Feels like a lot of them.
2. The post that will haunt Habs fans’ dreams...
3. You tried
Habs Highlight of the Night:
Price stands tall to deny a barrage of shots