Thursday Habs Headlines: Brendan Gallagher draws inspiration from Andrei Markov
In today’s links, Gallagher’s style of play is here to stay despite his age, injured players aren’t left out of new culture, Dach crucial to Habs future, McDavid calls for a best-on-best, and more.
We now have less than two weeks remaining until SB Nation’s support for Eyes On The Prize comes to an end on March 31, 2023. Since the last update, we’ve been fielding a few offers to join existing networks or enter into other partnerships. Some of those options remain open, but the plan for now is to take the site — with its current name and archive — to our own hosting service and have it run as an independent operation.
The goal is to be up and running on April 1. Some time will be required to complete the full site transfer, which can’t begin until March 31, so we may not have the archive or the regular URL right away, but that should all be taken care of within a day or two of the launch.
This move is possible thanks to your support, through both our GoFundMe campaign and Patreon account for monthly donations, allowing us to cover the initial operating costs of getting the site hosted and paying for the additional services that go along with that, and also paying the site’s writers for the next two months once our time at SB Nation comes to an end. Thank you for your assistance in this process, and we will be working on some perks for the new site in the coming months for those who have donated.
Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- With his 32nd birthday just around the corner, Brendan Gallagher won’t let his age or injuries change his playing style. [RDS]
- Jake Evans could be ready to return to action tonight with Jordan Harris close behind. [RDS]
- What kind of deals are to be made by Canadiens management this summer? [TSN 690]
- Even the injured players have been immersing themselves in the new culture and spending time with the team while they work on recovering. [RDS]
- Returning after a five-week absence, Kirby Dach wasted no time reminding everyone why he’s crucial to the Canadiens future. [Sportsnet]
- Current Habs and alumni just chillin’./
Around the League and Elsewhere
- How the Toronto Maple Leafs may want to use the “fringe” group of defenceman during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. [Sportsnet]
- Having never represented Canada at the World Cup of Hockey, Connor McDavid still hopes he’ll get his chance to participate in his first best-on-best game. [TSN]
- The IIHF announced that it will exclude Russia and Belarus from its world championships for the 2023-24 season. [Washington Post]
- Looking at each team’s goal differential by period to identify the league’s best and worst clubs in each period. [The Hockey News]/