Canadiens vs. Flyers Top Six Minutes: Flying High
The Eagle helped begin the scoring, Gallagher got his first career hat trick, and the Habs rode the updraft to a soaring victory.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
WE HAVE MIKE JOHNSON.
- How many Carter Hart and Carey Price puns can I slip in this TSM...
- GALLY GOALS ARE THE BEST GOALS.
- Boy, they sure didn’t waste any time!
- Tatarrrr. (No he didn’t do anything, but the way they said his name made him sound like a pirate.)
- Carey going on adventures. You’re not Bilbo. You’re making me nervous.
- The more time goes on, the more Jakub Voracek looks like he belongs in Game of Thrones.
- THEY MAY BE THE FLYERS, BUT THE EAGLE IS FLYING EVEN HIGHER.
- Lord Byron and the Eagle with speed to burrrrnnnnn.
- Good boy, Lehk.
- WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT GALLY GOALS.
- That was the Tomas Plekanec special.
- Get Gally the hat trick. Do it.
- It’s past Hart’s bed time, so his night is over.
- ISTG, that better not have been all the goals we’re gonna see from the Canadiens this game...
- Ok guys, please just get through the rest of this period without doing anything stupid.
- Oh geez. Puck to the head for Robert Hagg.
- Haha, bless Mike Johnson.
- GET. GALLY. THE. HATTY./
- Thank Price.
- THERE IT IS. THERE’S THE HATTY. THAT’S MY BOY.
- Well. This is fun.
- Oh Carey. That might just be mean.
- Glad Hagg seems to be alright.
- Well. That was entertaining./
- Get Gallagher more goals. All of the goals. So many goals.
- Or Kotka. I’d be ok with that.
- Or Mete.
- Or Lehkonen...
- Or literally anyone...
- This period feels like it’s been going forever...
- Please don’t do anything stupid in the remaining...12:30.
- ...There’s so much time left. How has it only been eight minutes.
- When I said literally anyone, I meant literally anyone in red, not you Michael Raffl.
- OK GUYS, YOU CAN STOP. WE’RE AWAKE, I SWEAR.
- There’s still nine minutes left. How.
- Falls asleep again.
- I have to say, it’s been really kind of the Flyers not to take a single penalty.
- Shots are 29-37 for Montreal right now.
- 11s, you can’t do that.
- HABS WIN 5-1!/
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Danault with the sauce
2) The Flyers could have used all eight of their goalies this evening