Habs vs Canucks Top Six Minutes: Carey that weight
Price, Beaulieu and Mitchell lead the Habs to victory
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Last time the Habs played the Canucks on a huge streak, they lost and everything became awful. Here we are again. I’m really, really scared.
- There are good numbers and then there are Carey Price numbers. Yes. Yes there are.
- Well, this isn’t quite a power kill, but it’s not exactly...good either...
- I was already going to be a nervous wreck all game, and the Habs are really, really not helping right now.
- Oh dear Habs...I’m all for Danes scoring, but please don’t do silly things...
- *watches the opening thirteen minutes* Yup. They’re doomed.
- Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey! Carey!
- Why this, Habs. Why this.
- The Habs are here by the grace of Price. That was a rough period to say the least./
- PLEASE STOP ICING THE PUCK.
- When will Plekanec’s goals come back from the war?
- Please do not run your own goalie, Habs.
- Carey Price is Carey Price. Which is very lucky. Because the Habs are awful right now.
- At least the Habs’ PK still works?
- Shots are 19-3 for the Canucks. 19-3. Three. Get. Out. Of. Your. Own. End.
- Also, please see first bullet point of the second period.
- The fourth line might be the only bright spot in this game not named Carey Price. This is not a good thing.
- That is a pretty loaded power play though, Petry, Weber, Radulov, Galchenyuk, Gallagher? That I like. The execution of this quintet on the power play...not so much.
- Everything is awful. Shots are 24-7. Not for the Habs.
- Don’t mind me, I’m watching this game thorough my fingers. This is awful.
- Nate loses a handle on a puck looking positively P.K.-esque. How fast is he stapled to the bench?
- MY BOY BEAU WITH HIS FIRST GOAL. (And a dollar towards the MotB fund!!) Bench that, MT. I dare you.
- Lehkonen is lovely and adorable, and deserves a goal.
- YAASSSSSSS Scorrey!! That was filthy! $1.17 for my pledge to MoTB. /
- Habs actually catching up in shots.
- Please do not run over Chucky.
- WOW Pricer. Wow. Just. Wow.
- How many times can I flail about Carey Price before it gets old? Because the third period might be nothing but flailing about Price.
- For all the trouble the Habs are having, at least the Canucks are having issues too...boy are the Habs lucky.
- <3 Our waterbug penalty killers <3
- Hahahah the Habs have given up 40 shots. Oh dear. This is fiiineee. No, no it’s really not, please stop.
- I take it back. Habs are very not catching up in shots.
- Shaw, Pateryn and Beaulieu making Vancouver mad and then skating away is great.
- Hahahaha automatic empty net goal by Radulov. This team is nuts.
- Poor Vancouver.
- The Oles are loud and proud. Apparently this team “is what we thought they were.”
- Both my boys score, Price is a brick wall, the Habs didn’t deserve this, but at least we won.
- 3-0 is the final score.
- 9-0-1 baby./