Canadiens vs. Rangers Top Six Minutes: Montreal takes a bite out of the Big Apple
A dominant performance earned a 2-1 series lead
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Is the MSG the worlds most famous arena in the world, as according to its slogan? I’d think it be Camp Nou, Old Trafford or another arena...
- Some changes in both teams should make this interesting, which coach has the best Fingerspitzengefühl?
- Lets just say they don’t have a Ginnete Reno in New Yourk singing the anthems. /
- Decent start, and then Petry gets called for hooking... #NotThatGreat
- PING from Oskar Lindberg
- The King of New York looks to be in good shape tonight again, unfortunately...
- l’Arttise plays well, just need that goal to get going for real.
- It seems the refs has a blindspot when it comes to Gallagher, they see nothing at all.
- Another power play for the Rangers.
- Its just Price being Price... but I still get amazed. /
- I am almost more interested on whats happening in Columbus at the moment, that game seems ridiculous in so many ways.
- BIG CHANCE FOR THE GENERAL - but the King makes the save...
- Illegal substitution but not to many men? Not sure I understand the difference.
- Danault with a good chance.
- Mitchell with another chance, still Lundqvist is making his best Price impression.
- Byron is every where at the same time; that’s how fast he is.
- Jordie Benn with a huge poke check!
- NHLPA meeting in Lundqvists crease.
- LEHKONEN, L’ARTTISTE, THE SMILING ASSASSIN!!!!!
- Radulov the defenceman./
- Markov gets cut, Zuccarello to the box for four minutes.
- We went back to the PowerKill™️
- Galchenyuk with an incredible set up to Weber for 2-0!
- L’Arttiste off for interference - 11 minutes to go.
- Galchenuyk has been a monster tonight.
- Lehkonen described Radulov as a monster out there, and after this season we all kow what he saw.
- ... and RADULOVE makes it three nothing! On a Mr Magic deke, you young ones better check that history lesson out. /
Are you kidding me?? Alex Radulov with an insanely beautiful goal: pic.twitter.com/jpaUtunXS7— Marc Dumont (@MarcPDumont) April 17, 2017
- Rangers on the board, Skjei from the blue line.
- And a big, Big, BIG save from Price!
- Mitchell visit the New York Rangers bench, and with a smile as he leaves.
- 3-1 Habs win makes it a 2-1 lead in the series!/
EOTP 3 Stars
Habs Highlight of the Night
Lehkonen opens the scoring with a great snipe