Canadiens vs. Maple Leafs Game 6 Top Six Minutes: Fly like an Eagle
The Habs weren’t going down without a fight and come away with another OT win.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- We made it to Game 6, baby and we’ve got fans in the stands!
- Prediction time: There will be a Game 7./
- Evans slots back in the lineup alongside Gallagher and Danault.
- Argh! So close just 40 seconds in.
- Energy right out of the gate again. Love it.
- Anderson gets caught up in the excitement and is the first to head to the box for tripping.
- Habs head to the power play. But, ya know. Probably won’t really matter.
- Nice glove save by Price on Marner. Any save on Marner is nice.
- Shots are 15-8 for the Habs. The Habs came to play tonight. Unfortunately, so did Jack Campbell./
- Caufield gets one off the goal post!
- I’m not feeling the usual second-period sense of dread.
- That is until Weber gets nailed for a puck over the glass penalty.
- Three Habs on one Leaf and we’re still scoreless.
- Gally comes away with blood trickling down the bridge of his nose after a big kerfuffle in front of the net.
- Muzzin heads to the Leafs’ dressing room. Now’s a good chance to get on the board, fellas.
- The pressure is on and the Habs have three great chances — with Staal having the best one— and... we’re still scoreless.
- Oh, how I’ve missed hearing a crowd boo the refs on their missed calls.
- Watching Suzuki and Caufield together continues to be amazing.
- Simmonds cross-checks Petry in the back after the horn and chaos ensue./
- Somebody has to score at some point, right?
- Danault gets called for holding Matthews’ stick, so it could very well be the Leafs.
- Phew. Still at zero.
- Habs head to the power play.
- This power-play back and forth is starting to make me nervous.
- Perry with a power-play goal!! A power-play goal.
- And, of course, it’s followed by a goalie interference challenge.
- The goal stands! Oh thank you, thank you, thank you.
- Marner throws the puck over the glass for absolutely no reason. He’s even shocked himself.
- Which brings us to a 5-on-3.
- Toffoli makes it 2-0!
- What an absolutely perfect time for the Habs power play to finally start working.
- Spezza cuts the lead in half with the help of Petry’s stick.
- It’s ok. Don’t panic. DON’T PANIC.
- Brodie ties it up with 3:11 left.. with the help of Petry. Petry, you’re killing us here./
- Breathe. Breathe.
- Ok, let’s do this.
- Caufield, you’re up, my man.
- Or anyone really. I’m not picky. OT Hero Roulette.
- Habs haven’t even registered a shot on goal yet and we’re six minutes in.
- Price with a couple of fantastic glove saves. If we could just get a shot on goal...
- Kotkaniemi pushes it to Game 7 with just over four minutes left!! /
EOTP 3 Stars
3) The QA test didn’t include playoff hockey apparently
2) Best $4000 you ever spent
1) We’re going to a Game 7!