Canadiens vs. Lightning Top Six Minutes: Close, but no cigar in Tampa
Another Tampa-Montreal showdown requiring extra time yet again
- Of course Ryan McDonagh is making his Tampa debut today, there’s absolutely no way it was ever going to be anything different.
- Also 1pm hockey is weird, especially when you thought the game was tonight.
- What’s for lunch?/
- Why are fans booing Jonathan Drouin?
- Oh god a power play, not sure if I want this or not.
- LEHKONEN! What a shot to open the scoring!
- (I did want the power play, I swear y’all)
- God the Lightning are absolutely terrifying in the offensive zone, every guy touching the puck can seemingly score at will.
- At least Antti Niemi is sharp so far!
- OH MY what a chance by Charles Hudon on the breakaway!
- Oh, de la Rose you shouldn’t do that man, killing penalties against the Bolts is like diving in a shark tank covered in chum.
- FOR GODS SAKE JACOB WHAT DID I JUST SAY?/
- Penalty killed!
- Galchenyuk goal scored!
- And a multi point effort from Charles Hudon already today.
- Noah, what did we say about penalties against the Lightning?
- Oh my, that sequence between Drouin, Gallagher and Galchenyuk was so nice, more of that please.
- Oh Charles, that’s not a good look, don’t slewfoot people.
- What a great defensive play and pass by (checks notes) Karl Alzner?
- I mean okay, cool!
- Hey they might be playing with a billion fourth liners, and a bunch of AHL guys, but through 40 minutes the Habs look fine going blow for blow in Tampa./
- THE ONLY JOY I’VE HAD THIS SEASON IS INJURED AND EVERYTHING IS BAD.
- And now Brendan Gallagher gets laid out, and the bearded Benn is throwing around Cedric Paquette.
- Is it tradition that Paquette has to fight someone every time these teams play?
- And now Hudon is back!
- Anddddd he’s being boarded by J.T. Miller
- Oh look a goal line review filmed with a potato camera, I’m sure this will be conclusive.
- Maybe less short handed rushes against guys?
- There it is, only a matter of time before Nikita Kucherov found the net.
- Jordie, that was less than good.
- Seriously, what the hell did Hudon do to you Tampa Bay?
- Now they’re booing Jeff Petry too? What gives?
- Because why not right?/
- Oh and a penalty, this is fine.
- Penalty killed, gutsy work by Paul Byron and the penalty killers.
- And a shootout,because this game hasn’t been nervy enough./
- Narratives...I mean Sergachev denied by Nemo!
- Lord Byron stoned at the gates.
- DROUIN SCORES!
- Good lord Kucherov that’s not even fair./