Canadiens vs. Lightning Top Six Minutes: Habs caught in deep freeze to end 2017
Once again, the Habs coughed up a lead when they gave up two goals in less than a minute of play, losing 3-1 to the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Not looking forward to this game, I’m not gonna lie.
- I wonder how Tampa Bay fans feel about seeing Jonathan Drouin back.
- 600th NHL game for Max Pacioretty, here’s hoping he gets a monkey off his back.
- Here we go!/
- Good start to the game so far.
- Pace is already up.
- So that’s what a good power play looks like.
- So weird to see Sergachev over there in blue.
- Price stopping Stamkos and Kucherov within seconds makes me tingle.
- Here come the Lightning.
- Daniel Carr is a dog on a bone.
- Galchenyuk and Drouin playing together is fun, and many times, they float to their natural positions in the offensive zone. Just saying.
- Montreal really looking to get a Joe Morrow bomb on the menu.
- Jerabek to Hudon with the stretch pass is now a thing, and I want more of it.
- And the Habs remind us what a not-so-good power play looks like.
- The momentum appears gone.
- OK no it’s not - just going back and forth.
- Byron with the tip, going double post and out.
- Petry with the dangle in the offensive zone - what’s he been eating for breakfast?
- Drouin followed johnson like he knew where he was going there, good coverage.
- Sarge showing off moves makes me kind of sad.
- At the end of the period, some pushing and shoving for some reason. /
- Tampa's PP is just fun to watch.
- On a related note, Hooray for Carey Price.
- Those cross-ice passes, dios mio!
- Height difference contributing to a high-stick call? Nah, but it is comical to watch.
- A very Gally Goal!
- PINGGGGGGGGG. Seriously what a loud post.
- Jerabek doing more good things.
- Why are we giving the Lightning another power play?
- Second period pace is equally high as the first.
- Galchenyuk sending the Tampa Bay PP right back out there.
- I liked the play by Chucky, but you can't be railroading goalies like that.
- Sarge holding the zone, chaos ensues. He's really good, you guys.
- Price solid under fire, as he has been all night.
- Tampa definitely taking more control of the period now.
- Oh, Alzner, no...
- Well with the Lightning scoring with only 11 seconds left on the clock, we hardly need to worry about another goal in the next minute.
- We’re not losing!/
- Price save!
- Nevermind, Lightning scored anyways.
- Turns out we did have to worry about a goal within a minute of the last one.
- Once again Montreal has mostly played well and are now chasing from behind.
- Somebody in white... do something. Anything!
- Not that, Desi.
- Not that either, Max.
- Not a good night for the captain’s milestone 600th. Looks like he is trying to play through an injury of some kind, because this is not his usual self.
- 3-1 Tampa Bay on a Stamkos power play goal. Lightning still have a man advantage for well over a minute.
- Carey Price is doing everything he can to keep this game close.
- Drouin and Hudon’s lines have been producing consistent effort and chances.
- A little four-on-four action, a chance to bring back the fast pace from periods one and two.
- Stamkos goes for the hat trick and robbed by Price!
- And again!
- Montreal draws a penalty but fails to threaten really at all.
- There goes Carey, it’s all or nothing time.
- Brendan Gallagher fighting for every opportunity, getting a solid shot on net out of it.
- That’s all, folks. Tough loss, good game against a really good team./
Highlight of the night
The #Habs get on the board on the power play and take a 1-0 lead. Hudon shot it. Gallagher tipped it. pic.twitter.com/YW6erryPVC— Jared Book (@jaredbook) December 29, 2017