Canadiens vs. Knights Top Six Minutes: Tuna Time
While it probably is unfair to really say that the Canadiens won the trade at this juncture, they certainly won the game when their former Captain came to call.
- For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game./
*Sees the Habs lineup*
Was it really necessary to show that picture of Patch in the Habs jersey in the intro? The Bell Centre faithful cheered for Pacioretty when he was shown on the jumbo-tron. I’m not crying, you’re crying.
This anthem singer is badass. They should bring him back always.
- OH great. Just getting all the Pacioretty tears out of the way now. Don't mind me sobbing into my Pacioretty jersey. THAT OVATION.
- Yeah I'm done. Bye. Someone else is gonna have to finish this recap.
- Look. Can we have the Viktor Krum scenario? Pacioretty scores, but the Habs win?
- Oh my, Nemo! (Defense, what is defense?)
- Petry unloading absolute bombs from the point is a gorgeous sight. It'd be even better if they went in...
- This is a really weird thought to have, but sometimes I forget how beautiful the Habs’ jersey are.
- Oh hey! It's Schlemko! (And then I proceeded to never notice him again.)
- AND NOW THERE'S A TRIBUTE TO PLEKY. GOOD BYE FRIENDS, I AM GONE.
- Pacioretty is gonna score. I can feel it in my bones.
- Well, the good news is that Montreal looks much better than I was afraid they would.
- The bad news is that they've been stuck in the neutral/defensive zone for a while now....
- Can we please spend more than a couple seconds in the offensive zone?
- All hail Nemo.
- Desi doing a very convincing imitation of a soccer player.
- Oh lord. This is fine. Everything is fine.
- ...oh god...
- Thank goodness that's over.../
- Well, at least they're trying.
- Pacioretty vs Alzner is not a race I want to see again...
- Patch is out-shooting the entire Canadiens team.
- CHARLES SAYS WHO CARES. NIFTY, NIFTY pass from Kotkaniemi. That was delightful.
- I DON'T FRICKING BELIEVE IT.
- WAIT. I DO. THIS IS THIS YEAR'S HABS. (Also, LOL MAF...)
- Oh man, get Lehk a goal.
- ONE FROM KOTKANIEMI IS EVERY BIT AS GOOD. (Also Lehk sure did make a nice play to set him up.)
- There seem to be a lot of broken sticks this game.
- Oh come on Habs.
- Well. That period was nothing if not entertaining./
- My prediction for tonight was for a 4-3 Habs OT win. With the way this is going, I'm gonna say that's not happening.
- Very much not the best way to start the period.
- Peca with a nice clear there.
- Oh Matthew. I'm so sorry.
- (Also, Habs defense, wtf are you doing.)
- Dear Habs, please capitalize on this.
- Oh Charles. Charles, why.
- PETRY WITH THE DISH, DOMI WITH THE BOMB, SHAW BANGS IT HOME.
- Please stop with the awful turnovers.
- IT'S TUNA TIME. WE WIN THE TRADE.
- (Poor Patch. He puts up eight shots, and THAT'S the goal the guy he's traded for scores.)
- Guys, if you could please keep the puck out of your net for four minutes, I would really appreciate it.
- STOP GIVING ME A HEART ATTACK.
- Oh Joe.
- Patch is on the ice, there's one minute left. I have a very bad feeling...
- Nemo says relax, I got this.
- My bones were wrong. I'm very ok with being wrong.
- THAT WAS WILD.
- HABS WIN 5-4 IN REGULATION./
Highlight of the night
Tomas Tatar scores against his former team and it's 5-4 #Habs. pic.twitter.com/t8ySvyaR5K— Jared Book (@jaredbook) November 11, 2018
EOTP 3 Stars
2) This November night turned out well at least
1) Fortunately your prediction skills haven’t improved any