Canadiens vs. Hurricanes Top Six Minutes: Habs Weather the Storm
Montreal gets the win in a high-scoring game against Carolina.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Max Domi does some fancy stick-handling early on.
- Brendan Gallagher matches it with a nice spinning pass. Looks like the boys have been practising for the Habs skills competition.
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi does not seem like the kind of guy who should be in the penalty box. He should be in the Mickey Mouse club. Or a Netflix Christmas special.
- Jonathan Drouin decided to take a nap on the power play. I don’t think that’s how power naps work, Jonathan.
- That penalty kill was not too shabby, not too shabby at all.
- Gallagher fired an absolute muffin of a shot right there. /
- Jordie Benn should probably stick to hockey, his acting abilities are lacking.
- Carey Price is already regretting not getting Jordie those acting classes for Christmas.
- DO NOT TOUCH CAREY PRICE!
- Carey got fired up, so now he’s on fire! /
If you make Carey Price mad, he's going to do something like this. pic.twitter.com/HXI5OGVMW7— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) December 14, 2018
- The power play has a lot more potential than it has in a long while. They still aren’t scoring on it, but it is much improved.
- PECA! We are tied.
- After a relatively laid back first Price is keeping busy this period. /
- Well, this is not how I saw Montreal starting the third.
- GALLAGHER! THAT is exactly how I anticipated Montreal staring the third.
- ARTTURI LEHKONEN! L’Arttiste with goal so pretty Bob Ross would be proud.
- I would really prefer Svechnikov not get a hat trick on Carey Price. So if he could just stop shooting I would appreciate it.
- Uhm, maybe don’t spear a man while he’s down?
- Petry’s second going in the open net is exactly what we needed. The one-goal lead did not feel safe in a game with this much scoring.
- It’s 6-4. Some people say there is not enough scoring in hockey./
Highlight of the night
Just look at that Finn go!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Those were the days.
2) There’s a gravy joke here somewhere.
1) The best decision you’ll make all day.